jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Will Michael Jackson Stand The Test Of Time?

1. BritishRock profile image60
    BritishRockposted 6 years ago

To some this is an obvious answer yes of course he will. But I honestly think Jackson wont be that well known in thirty years time. John Lennon has stood the test of time fairly easily but will Jacko its kind of hard to say.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Will he stand the test of time?  Dude, the guy has stood the test of time thus far, and will continue to do so for generations to come.  Hell, even musicians like Dr. Dre were inspired into music because of Michael Jackson.  Plus, if you play any of his famous songs like "Bad", "beat it", and "thriller", to name a few, then just about anyone will be able to tell you who he is.  The man's music was every bit as influential as every other music legend that ever existed.  Granted, some people have a skewed vision of him, due to some harsh allegations about his questionable background.  However, that still does not diminish how great his music and videos were.

1. BritishRock profile image60
        BritishRockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dude he was alive so of course he was standing the test of time its only been over a year since his death and in thirty years time who knows.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
          Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

However, you forget about the how much of a global icon he became during the prime of his career.  Plus, if my memory serves me correctly, one of his albums did break a lot of sales records too.  His style of music was one of the few that could inspire people across different genres.  As i said before, Dr Dre, a guy who doesn't even sing pop, was inspired into music by Michael Jackson.  That should show you how much of a impact he's had.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

oh yes, I think he will. In essence, they carried the same message. I think also once the MJ/Cirque du Soleil shows begin showing later this year, they will continue his legacy.

3. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

nope..
    he, like the Cosby show, was just an '1980s kinda thing'

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...not for me anyway.  I don't recall his songs having any profound message...maybe there was something, but i don't remember...Beat It?  He was quite an entertainer however...

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

a number of his later songs carry a message of global peace, acceptance of others. Heal the World, Earth Song, Man in the Mirror, Black or White, They Don't Really Care About Us...

He was an amazing entertainer..

so why respond? hmm

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why not. It gives my point of view. Something wrong with that. hmm

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i'm not a big fan of pop artists...didn't purchase his music....but thanks for pointing out his songs that carried a message...

5. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Who cares? hmm

working