Amy Adams is cast as Lois Lane!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

In recent news, it looks like WB and Legendary pictures finally made it official and picked Amy Adams, as their new Lois Lane.  To be honest, she's definitely not my first choice, as Lois was never a red head.  However, I'm sure they'll just put a wig on her or have her dye her hair, so there's no worries.  Anyways, I can't wait for this film now. I just hope the casting of the villains will come out soon, as I'm more anxious to hear that more than anything.  big_smile  What are you're thoughts on this?

1. profile image0
      BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who is Amy Adams?
      Does it even matter since Lana was his first true love!
      I definitely find Lois annoying.
      She always get herself in trouble and superman has to come to the rescue.

Kate Bosworth was a better choice I'm sure.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who is Amy Adams?  Are you serious?  She's only one of the hottest up and coming actresses in Hollywood right now, and she was just recently nominated for an Oscar for her role in "The Fighter"; arguably one of the best sports dramas ever made.  Plus, what else can you want from an actress?  She's pretty, smart, sassy, and possesses a large acting range.  Therefore, what else could you want from her?  Outside of her hair color, she's perfect for Lois Lane. 

Besides, Warner Bros. might be losing the full rights to the character anyway, after 2012, so you might as well make Lois the main love interest if this is to be the last Superman movie by WB.  It's only fitting as far as I'm concerned.

1. profile image0

I don't look at the nominees, only the winners.
          Sorry.

Nobody could have beaten Natalie so the others seemed like a waste of time. Why even bother nominating them.

Still don't know who she is since I don't really own a TV and don't want to waste bandwidth googleing it big_smile

Maybe Lois will die!!

Exciting stuff either way.

2. Harlan Colt profile image78
      Harlan Coltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Roseanne Barr would make a good villain, if they have a lady villain that.... well all the lady villains are always good looking, good physical shape etc., why not one that isn't? Danny Devito was awesome as the Penguin.

Roseanne could be like Ursula the sea witch.

- Harlan

1. profile image0

Yeah..but i'd rather have a superman villain that can actually kick his a** on screen, and would force Supes to throw a freaking punch for once.  Seriously, the biggest problem with "Superman Returns" was that nothing really seemed too much of a challenge for him.  That's why I hope the villain is strong enough to kill superman, so it'll force him to use all his powers not only save the city but just to survive!  Gee, from the way I'm talking, it sounds like I'm for a Doomsday appearance, as he killed Superman once.  However, I'd much rather see Brainiac if you ask me, as he's still strong enough to challenge superman. big_smile

2. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

2 words jessica alba!!!! i'm with on mixed feelings about adams as louis lane, I think she'll do a pretty good job better then kate bosworth! for the love of god please dont let her be a single mother, that was retarded!!!!

3. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I know this isn't fair, and I'm guessing it's not what Amy Adams would like; but, to me, Amy Adams is permanently Giselle (Enchanted, for the non-Disney-movie-inclined here).  She may one day "become somebody else", but, to me, she hasn't done that yet.  hmm  I don't think Lois Lane will end up being that Giselle-nullifying character for Amy Adams.

1. optimus grimlock profile image60
      optimus grimlockposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean, when I see jake gyllenhal all i see is bubble boy!!!

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Amy Adams

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4835001_f248.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4835006_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

Thanks for the pictures Cagsil. big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I came into this thread expecting a picture to go with the name. But, since there wasn't one and someone asked who she was? I figured I'd post them. I didn't know who she was until I saw her face.

I like her and seen her work. So, I'd say it could fit very well.

Edit: You're welcome. smile

1. profile image0

Yeah, sorry about that. I was so excited about hearing her casting that I forgot to put up a picture of her.  However, I'm glad one of us remembered.  Yeah, I think she's a great actress, as she's definitely one of my favorites.

1. Cagsil profile image71
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

cool

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Amy Adams is a great choice. She's shaping up to be her generation's Meryl Streep. Can handle comedy, drama, campy, funny... she's got range.

I haven't even followed her TV appearances but have enjoyed her in a number of films:

1. "Catch Me If You Can" with Leonardo DiCaprio.
    2. "Leap Year" (adorable romantic comedy)
    3. "Doubt" (with Meryl Streep)
    4. "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" with Frances McDormand
    5. "Julie & Julia" (didn't like her character much but she played it well)

Haven't seen "The Fighter" yet but from the previews, it looks like she is not portraying Amy Adams here.

Personality wise, I think Amy can bring dimension to Lois Lane.

1. profile image0

I have say out of all the posts here, I have to agree with MM the most, as I think she'll definitely add a lot more personality to lois lane than Kate Bosworth ever did.  she was too much of a damsel in distress, with hardly any of the spunk that Lois usually carried in the comics.  Plus, Amy is a helluva a lot more attractive than Margot Kidder.  No offense to her, but I just never found Kidder to be that attractive.  tongue

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
        Mighty Momposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whew! I'm so relieved you agree with me.
        I'm a little intimidated by that gun-toting kitten yikes.

Margot Kidder -- Did anyone find her attractive????

1. profile image0

Nah, I like you too much MM to ever shoot you. Besides, why would I ever want to shoot a lady as lovely as yourself anyways? wink 

As for Margot Kidder, I think she was married a few times after she made the superman films, so i'm sure some guys out there found her attractive.  for me, I just never saw the appeal.  not saying there's anything wrong with her, but she just doesn't do anything for me that's all.  lol.

2. profile image0

I don't really remember her in any of those movies.
      I guess I probably never bothered to ask, "who is that girl".

I do hope we will see some real action like the old Superman movies.
      The comics are actually a lot better.
      Well the original storyline, but DC has much nicer characters than Superman, which is a conversation for another time smile

6. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Why thank you, kind sir *blushing*

Margot Kidder reminds me a little bit of Karen Allen of Raiders of the Lost Ark (and Animal House!). But KA has a great smile. Still, not "sexy."
    I think Margot Kidder ended up messed up mentally. I hope I'm not confusing her with someone else and disparaging her.

1. profile image0

You're welcome. anytime. wink

I don't if that really happened to Kidder or not, as I'll have to look into that later.  However, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised, as I know she was under a lot of stress since Christopher Reeves had his accident and died later on.  I know they were fairly close friends.

7. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

karren allen was cute in scrooged

8. dingdondingdon profile image60
    dingdondingdonposted 13 years ago

Bit strange, as I see Amy Adams as quite a bubbly, fun sort of woman and Lois has always struck me as more serious, but I have faith in her acting abilities. I'm sure she'll pull it off.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)