jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Lp vinal records are they worth anything?

1. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

When I bought my home a couple years ago I recieved a collection of vinal records along with the record player. My mom says to hold on to the records as they maybe worth some money someday but why? I dont have use for them..Is it worth my time to list them on ebay?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

...maybe - it depends on what you have.  I have a collection of various genres and some I paid up to $50 Cdn for an album in second hand vinyl shops and others very little through garage sales - I'd buy the whole box for  a few dollars to get 1 album I was after - ha ha  I've also purchased new vinyl - digital - it is being produced.

...there are collectors around and folks like me who spin tunes - analog and digital.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can check out this site to enter some titles you have to see what recent price they were auctioned at. Ebay has a huge section for vinyl records.  http://www.popsike.com/index.html

I'm also in the process of finding out what some of mine are worth. I have some really old ones from my parents. My problem is I don't have a record player to test their condition.

3. Fun Hubs profile image59
      Fun Hubsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some people insist vinyl actually sounds better, not sure how they ignore the garbage sounds that are there even on a decent condition album.

Yes they could be worth saving, selling, or even finding a way to listen to.
      Have Fun!

4. 0
      zampanoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some vinals still got pretty groovy juicy sound grapes...

5. lobonorth profile image78
      lobonorthposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How much money you can get for the vinyl records is the function of the market place whereas you have to decide on their worth.

2. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

Yes.  You can try on eBay

3. Billrrrr profile image89
    Billrrrrposted 5 years ago

Like anything else, some are worth a small fortune and others make nice Frisbees.  Elvis on Sun 78s are  worth hundreds of dollars--depending on condition.  I recently saw a fairly common  old Jazz 78 rpm sell for $500.00.  In the days when VINYL was king, Goldmine Magazine was the top place to get prices and to buy or sell VINYL.  Nowadays, Ebay might be the best source. 

The short answer is what you have is probably worth five or ten bucks for the whole lot - unless you have a mint Billy Ward and the Dominoes LP (one sold a few years back for over $20,000.)