jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

The effect of the Media!

1. 60
    MerandaaLynnposted 5 years ago via iphone

Have you ever been flipping thrpugh your channels late at night and came across a teen directed news show or talk show?

Im a teen myself and those shows are very tempting to watch.. I came across TMZ when i was staying up late with a friend and ever since then weve been hooked. Its all about celebrities.

But what do you really know about celebrities.
    Ask Yourself these questions about your favorite;

-Full Name?
    -Relationship Status?

You would probably only know the last three. The paparazzi is all about Building a person up into a celebrity and all just so you can turn around and tear them down in public. What the paparazzi donis basically Slander you and critisize you for your entire celebrity life. Even when you have your fall , there rightt there recording it all.. You can say anything and do anything and theyll turn it around and make you look really bad.. Thats all im saying. Whats your opinion

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

That's how they make money. Anything to generate sales. It's called exploitation.

3. celebritie profile image76
    celebritieposted 5 years ago

Celebrities are the new walking advertisements, so bad publicity is good for marketing. Big brands use famous people to sell products, clothes, magazines, movie tickets, music and television shows.

Why do you think they pay them so much to endorse their companies is because Teens will listen to their favorite celebrity when it comes to what to wear, what to buy, how to live, what to think and who to be around, so media uses that power to influence teens.

Thats my opinion.

4. Matt in Jax profile image80
    Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago

It's all about whatever people are interested in at the time. Now-a-days it is about simply the style, actions, and relationship statuses of these celebrities.
    I personally could care less about anything about them beyond how they would or could entertain me for it's kind of their job. I don't exactly look into the background and relationship status of my mailman which I'd put on the same level as Angelina Jolie's kid's news.

5. celebritie profile image76
    celebritieposted 5 years ago

Charlie Sheen is a good example of how the media is exploiting his bad behavior to get views and ratings.

1. BethanRose profile image89
      BethanRoseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Completely true. These days it doesn't seem to matter whether it is good or bad publicity. In the end they are getting exposure, making money and getting endless opportunities. A bad situation can lead them to a new door opening with many positive things behind it. it kinda puts a damper on the hard working celebs for getting overshadowed by the rebels gaining the most attention.