jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

James Marsden is in negotiations to play Larry for the 3-stooges movie

1. Stevennix2001 profile image84
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

Although this has yet to be confirmed on whether he'll actually get the part, but it seems James Marsden is in negotiations to possibly play Larry from the three stooges movie.  For those of you who don't know who James Marsden is, then you might remember him in recent comedies like "Death at a Funeral" and "Hop."  Or, you might recognize him as Cyclops from the "X-Men" movies.  Anyways, what are your thoughts on this?  Do you think he'd be a good pick to play Larry from the 3-Stooges?  If not, then who would you cast instead? 

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4866713.jpg

James Marsden

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4866714_f248.jpg

Larry from the 3-Stooges

2. Stevennix2001 profile image84

I'm going to say this.  Although I think James Marsden is an under rated actor that definitely needs to find more roles to break out of that "pretty boy" stereotype.  However, he's not exactly someone that I'd cast to play one of the stooges.  Then again, I had my doubts about Ledger when it came to "The Dark Knight", so I guess we'll have to wait and see.  Of course, he may not even get cast, so we may not have to worry about that possibility but still...

3. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I reckon he could carry it off. Apart from the hair, an easy job with makeup. There are similarities in the face. The original 3 Stooges is a hell of an act to follow though! smile

1. Stevennix2001 profile image84
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmm..you may have a point there, as i do see some similarities in their faces now that you've mentioned it.  Plus, with modern make up being what it is today, then I'm sure they'll be able to make him look more like Larry during filming.  However, it's like you said, following the original 3-stooges is going to be a hard act to follow.  I just hope it pays off.

4. Stevennix2001 profile image84

bumps up!

5. optimus grimlock profile image54
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

no way bumps this way down bad idea!  skinny larry with a I'm a good guy attitude. Larry was always goofy n grumpy I dont think he can pull it off!

working