jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (27 posts)

Rise of the planet of the apes!

1. optimus grimlock profile image62
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

This is going to be the prequal to planet of the apes and will show the apes taking over planet earth. Should be pretty cool!

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/1110- … -apes-ape/

1. tritrain profile image76
      tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I could get into that movie.  smile

2. recommend1 profile image71
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I liked the slightly strange acting that the ape opposites seemed to produce in the humans, it somehow made the humans over-acting all the time kinda over-dramatic in a Ben Hur way without the backing scenes and souind that made it work.

I am looking forward to seeing this one I think.

3. Daffy Duck profile image59
      Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have never really cared for the remake of the origional Planet of the Apes.  The origional is way better, but this next movie looks better than any of the other prequills to the origional.  I'd love to see that one. smile

4. Neha T profile image60
      Neha Tposted 5 years ago in reply to this

you are absolutely right! It is pretty cool although it is not exactly a prequel. Andy serkins will blow your mind!

1. SimeyC profile image89
        SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Andy Serkis is incredible - wonder if he'll get an Oscar nod this time!

2. optimus grimlock profile image62

I was hoping they would make this the 4th movie and show the humans taking back planet earth but this works!!!

3. Matt in Jax profile image80
    Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago

I'm just not a 100% sold on this movie though the preview does look pretty good. That Mark Wahlberg abomination ruined the idea until I'm proven wrong.

1. Daffy Duck profile image59

So I take it you're not a big fan of M W big_smile

1. Matt in Jax profile image80
        Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I like Wahlberg in some movies, but most definitely not all of'em. He just doesn't capture my attention if he's the primary star. (Also refer to: "The Fighter" and "Max Payne")

4. celebritie profile image77
    celebritieposted 5 years ago

The planet of the apes franchise is really taking things to the next level with the amazing realism.

I saw the trailer and it just awesome. The sci-fi adventure utilizes CGI Technology similar to what was used in Avatar.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4925071_f248.jpg

Too bad we can't use the mokey's face with different emotion for emoticons.  That is great!  lol

1. celebritie profile image77
        celebritieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was trying to find a emotion and this one popped up instead, LOL

It's the best one I've seen yet.  wink

5. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 5 years ago

I will definitely see this prequel.  The remake of the original Planet of the Apes sucked.  I hope this one makes up for it. Nobody can replace Charlton Heston and there is no replacement for the original, which was excellent in all areas.

Note:  Look for the new Alien prequel coming out produced by Ridley Scott.

There's an alien prequel!  Awesome.  smile

6. donotfear profile image90

I just saw a decent preview of this show coming out August 5th.  It looks like it's going to be a decent film, really. Special effects weren't over-exaggerated, seemed realistic too.  Looks like it's going to be a believable plot.  I was very impressed.  I do love the original!

7. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

Pleas nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I saw bits of the early series and it was terrible. smile

1. celebritie profile image77
      celebritieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL thats funny! big_smile

8. profile image71
    logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago

Made 54 million this weekend.

9. optimus grimlock profile image62

I just got home from the theatre and I cant wait for planet of the apes!!!!!!!!!!!

10. donotfear profile image90

I saw this movie the day it came out. I was impressed, it held my attention, and the special effects were realistic. A very believable story line with visual and audio suggestions that connected to the first original: The Planet of the Apes.

Now, let's hope they do NOT try to remake the original Planet Of the Apes again because their can be no replacement. Charlton Heston is the only Taylor, in my book.

11. optimus grimlock profile image62

they will and need to. I think they can find someone to do taylor justice. franco was awesome as ceasers father!

12. maxravi profile image2
    maxraviposted 5 years ago

I watched its trailor and eagerly waiting for it..

13. mcgreg28 profile image60
    mcgreg28posted 5 years ago

I saw the movie. I actually expected more than it gave

14. Wayne Orvisburg profile image78
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 5 years ago

Definitly want to see this one, but I'm sure I'll wait for the DVD like I do with every other movie. Hope everyone enjoys it on the big screen!

15. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 5 years ago

I really think the science fiction films of the 50s, 60s and 70s are the best.  Modern versions of old films are always a disappointment.

working