jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

The Two kinds of Actors I prefer

1. NateSean profile image86
    NateSeanposted 5 years ago

The ones who only show up in the media for positive reasons. Or, if they showed up at anytime for negative reasons (IE, Drew Barrymore's drug problems) they've at least made some actual improvement and are no longer a menace to society.

The second kind are the ones who completely effed up, but they're dead. So it's sad and tragic, but their mistakes serve as a lesson to all. Heath Ledger for example, is at least a good example for kids about how quickly a successful life can be thrown away. Whether you believe you know the circumstances of Ledger's death or not, the point is we learn from them and their story is inspiring.

People like Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen on the otherhand, remain in the spotlight for years, still doing the same crap that got them in trouble in the first place and not showing signs of improvement. What do we learn from them? That if your successful and rich, you can get away with murder. Or at the very least you can offend a group of people and still have a career.

So, from here on out, lets discuss your favorite, 1: Actors who either stay out of the media spotlight or at least have a positive media image. 2: Actors who made huge mistakes like the ones I mentioned, but at least bounced back. 3: Actors who have passed on for whatever reason but they still left you with an impression, (negative or positive) and 4: The Lohans, the Brookses and the Sheens who never seem to learn.

2. celebritie profile image74
    celebritieposted 5 years ago

my favorite actor who seems to keep a positive image even though he lives on an island would have to be Johnny Depp

my favorite actor who just messed up his life due to drug addiction would have to be Robert Downey Jr, but he really turned things around in the Iron Man series though.

The actor that died to soon was Heath Ledger, who played the joker in The Dark Knight he was able to go from being just a pretty face to a more serious actor.

As for the troubled celebrities who seem to always make the first page of the tabloids, they feed the beast, people love to hear about what is going wrong or falling apart and drama sells.

NateSeanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Ferrel gave took their entire paychecks from their recent films a and put it in a bank account for Ledger's daughter.

Those three will have my respect until the day I die.

3. Daffy Duck profile image59
    Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago

My favorite one are those who make huge mistakes and bounce back.  Everyone screws up, but celebs. are in the spotlight and therefore can show how to overcome something in a positive way.

1. The Jet profile image81
      The Jetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Like Robert Downey Jr? He's done so many memorable performances post-addiction.

1. Daffy Duck profile image59
        Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely.  That guy has made a great comeback!

NateSeanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

He was in Gothika with Halle Barry wasn't he? For a guy that was mostly relegated to supporting role he was pretty good in that.

I haven't seen the Ironman movies yet but they're on my list.

4. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

Elvis Presley.
    When I was a kid I saw him in "Flaming Star" and thought he was great. His light went out a while before he died, but he gave life a big shot and his death warned people about prescription drugs.

Elvis, you should have stuck with weed. smile

5. celebritie profile image74

Elvis is still in the building from what I hear, LOL

So that's why I can't get a bite to eat.  big_smile

6. Matt in Jax profile image80
    Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago

I like the type of actors and actresses that are extrememly consistent and get the job done on 90% of the movies that they do. Shows that they take time to review scripts and care for their audiences.
    For that reason, I really enjoy Edward Norton, Brad Pitt, Tom Hanks, Helena Bonham Carter, and Elijah Wood.

7. celebritie profile image74

I thought Brad Pitt did a really good role in the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" He was so convincing and I like the fact he did not rely on his looks for this one.

8. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

I am still rooting for Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen although they are the underdogs.

9. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

In America the 'star system' is prevalent.
    John Wayne almost always plays John Wayne.
    The idea is to bring in the money. In Britain character acting tends to be the predominant emphasis. The idea is to make a great production. Is why Britain makes the
    greatest film productions in the world.

tongue       tongue         tongue

working