jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

1. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

anyone see this???
    I just watched it and it was kind of refreshing to see the aliens pretty much win. I like how the alien and one of the main characters merge as 1 sort of speak.

1. Daniel Carter profile image91
      Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I actually did see it, but didn't like it. The Ausie brother team (forget their names) also did "Day Breakers", a hip vampire movie, which was just beyond ridiculously gory!

I think they have some good ideas, but I just don't think they've got the right combination for mass appeal yet. Maybe they'll get better. But then, my opinion isn't necessarily a standard setting kinda thing!

2. 0
    zampanoposted 5 years ago

Yes I've seen it.
    Kind of paranoid story.
    Why do they hate us so much ?
    But the fact that the "human factor" prevails in the end is...
    It is another kind of love story.

3. optimus grimlock profile image60

ya there was a loose love story but I dont think she'll get it on with here human hybrid husband lol

4. 0
    zampanoposted 5 years ago

too painful. hmm

5. TomC35 profile image60
    TomC35posted 5 years ago

I heard it was awful, plus read where they were getting sued for steeling some scenes or ideas from Battle Los Angeles so I did not bother seeing it.
    <snipped link>

1. recommend1 profile image70
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Skyline was half ok and half crap - it kept almost working then losing it - but I can't say I did not like it.

Battle for Los Angeles is the biggest pile of garbage to flop for a long time.

6. optimus grimlock profile image60

havent seen battlefied la ye it looked good. Skyline was out before battlefield La so im sure its the other way around.

7. johncimble profile image62
    johncimbleposted 5 years ago

I liked the story sort of and the effects but the actors really let the movie down. Still liked watching it though, the marketing was really good, they had big posters with all the people getting sucked up into the spacecraft printed on a clear plastic scrolling up in front, very creative.

8. TomC35 profile image60
    TomC35posted 5 years ago

"The city of angels isn’t big enough for two alien invasion films – not if the studio behind Battle: Los Angeles has anything to say about it. Sony Pictures Entertainment is contemplating legal action against Greg and Colin Strause, the directors of Skyline and the owners of Hydraulx Filmz – a visual effects company that contributed to Battle: Los Angeles.

According to Deadline, Sony feels that the Strause brothers should have given them a heads up about their plans to make Skyline before accepting the FX gig on Battle: Los Angeles, which gave them access to the film’s script, storyboards, and animatics.

Join S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Do you have what it takes? Test your skills. No purchase necessary.
    Ads by Google
    More to the point, Sony is wondering if Battle: Los Angeles served as inspiration for the brothers to make Skyline and if they used the studio’s resources to polish up the effects on their modestly-budgeted thriller." - Screenrant.com

You guys are making me want to rent neither.

9. celebritie profile image76
    celebritieposted 5 years ago

Thats because aliens rule!