jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Kathyrn Bigelow is directing a film about the Bin Laden Assassination

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

In recent news, Kathyrn Bigelow, who some might remember from her Academy Award winning film, "The Hurt Locker", as she went on to become the first woman to ever win Best Director at the Oscars.  Truly, a historical event indeed.  However, it seems like she has another war film cooked up about the recently announced Osama Bin Laden assassination.  Very little details are out about the film, but the film is rumored to be focused on the brave Navy SEALS that risked their lives taking down one of the world's most lethal terrorists.  What are your thoughts on this?  Good idea?  Bad idea?  Or just don't give a damn?

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I'll take the latter of your choices. I don't give a damn. lol

Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Okay, if you say so.  big_smile  lol

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

Anybody remember the movie "The Green Berets", Vietnam war era propaganda movie. Only fashions and technology changes.

No, but it's one of the many movies that i really want to see one of these days.  Although it might be a while though, as there's still quite a few older films that I've been meaning to see for quite sometime.

4. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I saw an article about this yesterday. It basically said it would need to change as it's been in the works for a year or so.
    http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/05/02/a-k … -dont-say/

Thanks Rebekah for sharing that article with us, as I didn't know this was a project that's been in the works for quite sometime now.  Although it should be interesting to see how she handles the film, as I know war based films haven't been that commercially popular in years, in light of recent events.  However, now that the news of Bin Laden's death has been released, one has to wonder if that's going to spark more patriotism to make war films popular again.

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

"No, but it's one of the many movies that i really want to see one of these days." In all fairnesss there was a counter-film to the Green Berets at the time, I would doubt that anybody remembers called The Americanization of Emily 1964, written by Paddy Chayefsky - James Garner and Julie Andrews.

6. Matt in Jax profile image80
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't mind seeing it for the film quality. She is a damn good director.

working