jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What sort of keyboard or digital piano you play?

1. TechCraft profile image60
    TechCraftposted 5 years ago

I'm an happy owner of a Casio Privia PX110 digital piano. What model do you have? Can you give me a brief description of your "feelings"?

1. sairakhan profile image60
      sairakhanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i also play keyboard.i started with small one but 2 months ago i bought korg triton le.That have great varity of voices.i love to play it.

do you make rock hard beats on keyboard?

1. TechCraft profile image60
        TechCraftposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I come from a metal past smile so I like everything sounds hard! But I like to play every sort of music, blues, classical, electronic.  Take a look at my hub about digital stage pianos there's a photo of my instruments!

2. Harlan Colt profile image86
    Harlan Coltposted 5 years ago

At one time I had 3 Ensonique Keyboards. They were awesome. I also had a Yamaha Digital Piano with weighted keys which I also loved, but I lent it to the Pastor's wife and I never saw it again.

The other Keybords: Ensonique ESQ1 Rack mount, Mirage Midi Sampler, and I still have the main Ensonique Board with the multi-track sequencer. I Love this keyboard I can create a whole band and program every drum, every symbol and every note of every voice. It's awesome, but it is also an antique anymore. It still gets the job done and I am happy with it. I lent the slave board - the Mirage to my brother and he destroyed it with his stinky cigarettes and all the smoke.

I have not looked at the newer keyboards in a long time because I just don't have that kind of money anymore. At the risk of offending you, and please, I would never do that, but I do not like Casio products. However, that is a perspective from 20 years ago when most of what they made was cheap Walmart kiddie market products. Casio has been at it so long they may have entered into a higher-end product and I would have no idea.

I only buy high-end equipment or I do without. But again I played in professional stage bands for years. Anymore I only do studio recording work, I don't perform publically but only once in a great while.

Finally, I also have a 1898 Grand Upright in excellent condition that I love to play ragtime on whenever I get the chance. I call it my analog keyboard lol.

This is a great little post here. I am glad to add my 2 cents.
    - Harlan

1. Harlan Colt profile image86
      Harlan Coltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

oops... its Ensoniq... not Ensonique... sorry.

3. TechCraft profile image60
    TechCraftposted 5 years ago

Don't worry Harlan I know my keyboard doesn't belong to a great brand ... but it is cheap! and it has a good manufacturing quality!  I played an Ensonique in the past and my impression was good!

4. tonymead60 profile image81
    tonymead60posted 5 years ago

over the years I've had a series of keyboards; I have a slightly dated Roland E70 which Ireally love to play, the sounds are great and fully adjustable.
    My all time favourite was a Hammond B200 drawbar organ with external Leslie rotating speaker, what a machine that was. I played some pretty big venues and never needed extra power...grrr mean machine

5. carlabodrick profile image60
    carlabodrickposted 5 years ago

I'm with TechCraft. Of all the keyboards in the store, I chose the Casio Privia 110 for two reasons:

1. Price...it was affordable.

2. I love the action. The keys respond like a real piano; soft touch, soft sound and vice versa. I was amazed at the technology relative to the price.