jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Movies lines that made you cry

1. ketchup101 profile image59
    ketchup101posted 5 years ago

Can you share your favorite and unforgettable movie line/lines that made you cry and touched your heart? And from what movie?

1. Matt in Jax profile image79
      Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When Bruce Willis' character in "Armageddon" (Harry Stamper) describes to his daughter how AJ (Ben Affleck) saved'em. Definite tear-jerker in a sappy, but great movie.

1. spottykat profile image61
        spottykatposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I completely agree. Great movie, great line.

2. deblipp profile image61
      deblippposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you don't get on that plane you'll regret it. Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of your life.

2. 0
    Mad Prophetposted 5 years ago

I cry every time I have to see one of those god awful twilight films!  Those movies just plain suck!

1. 0
      klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

2. Greg Sage profile image59
      Greg Sageposted 5 years ago in reply to this

3. puddingicecream profile image81
    puddingicecreamposted 5 years ago

Jack: Winning that ticket, Rose, was the best thing that ever happened to me. It brought me to you and I'm thankful for that Rose, I'm thankful. You must, you must, you must.. do me this honor, you must promise me that you will survive, that you won't give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless.

1. Matt in Jax profile image79
      Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wasn't a large fan of that movie, but that was an amazingly emotional scene.

4. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." Rhett Butler's last words to Scarlett O'Hara, when he has finally given up on her and no longer cares what happens to her.  That line always leaves me with the most profound feeling of  aloneness.  I'm not sure if anybody who hasn't been completely abandoned knows that feeling of being all alone in the world.  It's the one I had when my 2nd husband dropped me off at the treatment center for chemo, and just left me there.  He never came back to pick me up.  He just didn't give a damn.

5. sandy sue profile image60
    sandy sueposted 5 years ago

A few off the top of my head are;  "If you can paint, I can walk" (An Affair to remember)  "You had me at hello" (Jerry Macquire)
    "No man is a failure who has friends" (It's A Wonderful Life)

6. DIYweddingplanner profile image92
    DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago

OK, I'm a wienie, it's a scene, not a line, but here it is...  From Rocky II ---

Adrienne is in a coma after she has their baby and Rocky is sitting in her hospital room reading to her, haltingly, slowly, after she taught him how to read.  He has written her a poem and reads it to her. 

"Remember when we was on ice skates,
    And I thought you were supposed to be great,
    But I kept giving you lip,
    And you kept trying to slip,
    So I could catch you.
    That was our first date,
    And after that, every day was great.
    So now I want you to know,
    That wherever you go,
    Atlantic City or in the snow,
    Don't worry about a thing,
    Cause as long as I got this ring,
    I'll always be there to catch you."

7. Greek One profile image81
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

deeper.. deeper.. oh yeah.. you too... deeper...

Porky's IV