Soap Operas in Relationship to the Reality TV Phenomenon

1. ilovecooking profile image59
    ilovecookingposted 5 years ago
    "The Days of our Lives," just a blast from the afternoon past looking into a professional set up of mock lives. Viewers and networks couldn't get enough of this commercial plots. They were once a afternoon fix for people who loved to look into lives and see the rise and fall of troubled situations. Now, we have twisted this screenplay and turned reality lose! From dating, to game shows, to Jersey Shore, to Realhouse Wives...must I go on? The networks have flooded the media fields with pollutant people who craze any attention. There's no story, there's no passion, there is just good editing done to create these meaningless shows. Drifting our attention to lost souls and pity parties. I hope soon we leave this path of television destruction and release the talent of actors and actresses we have had captive for so long. How do you feel?

2. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image59
    Jo_Goldsmith11posted 5 years ago

I so agree with you. I know while I was growing up, my favorite shows were General Hospital and DALLAS. Which they are going to try a new generation of DALLAS fans. I don't see the point. Maybe if there were better programs or movies like 7 pounds or pay it forward. We could maybe get our minds to a better place to help our lives. Instead of fantasy island and being stuck in the mud. Interesting topic!