Evening News: 12 Minutes of Drug Ads/16 Minutes of News!

1. thaivalentine profile image60
    thaivalentineposted 5 years ago

In the US for a visit and shocked by the amount of drug ads during the nightly news program.  Its uncomfortable to watch as all the ads "bait" people - "Do you like sleeping, you may be suffering from a serious condition".  How many drug ads do you think is too much?

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

TV shows that used to be 50 minutes long with 10 minutes of ads, are presently about 35-42 minutes long, with ads the rest of the time.

Advertising on TV is and has been too much for years now. But, what do you expect from a corrupted government, who wants people believing that there is something wrong with them(the people), and wants them to turn to prescription drugs.

Example: My mother has a hole in her heart, which can be fixed with a simple surgery, however, the insurance company refuses to allow her surgery, because it can be treated and monitored through the use of prescription drugs.

The level of corruption, between business and government, is absolutely absurd.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Was the Republicans I believe who ended
    the time restrictions on advertising per hour. I don't watch the networks - too much advertising plus only crap.