jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

Anyone else listen to classical music?

1. cydro profile image96
    cydroposted 5 years ago

Classical meaning baroque, classical, romantic...

1. KK Trainor profile image61
      KK Trainorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely, Vivaldi's Four Seasons! And my favorite piece ever is Bach's Sleepers Awake, gorgeous.

2. kerryg profile image87
      kerrygposted 5 years ago in reply to this

All of the above! Plus opera.

My mom rarely listens to anything written after 1900... some of it rubbed off!

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes, all of it. I especially love baroque.. so calming and beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mURZQNpK … re=related

4. Freegoldman profile image60
      Freegoldmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

definitely...One day 1 of my indian friend started listng to Rabindra sangeet.I didnt undrstnmd a single line of it bt i oved the rhytm...It ws awesome.

5. ladyguitarpicker profile image82
      ladyguitarpickerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Has anyone played any of the music of Elias Barreriro?  I received some of his music and I was wondering if anyone else knows this composer? I have never played any of his music sadly I do not know it.

6. Silverspeeder profile image61
      Silverspeederposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I listen to and play classical music on guitar. Bach translates very well to guitar as do many other 18th and 19th century composers amongst others.

1. ladyguitarpicker profile image82
        ladyguitarpickerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I like Bach, along with Beethoven. I like Paul Henry's "Air". Glad someone else likes classical guitar.

2. AliciaC profile image98
    AliciaCposted 5 years ago

I love classical music. My favorite composer is Prokofiev, although I enjoy the music created by many other classical music composers too.

3. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

Aw! I play it too (classical piano).

The Germans: Brahms (my favorite), Robert and Clara Schumann(his wife), Bach, Beethoven, Handel

The Russians: Shostakovich, Prokofiev, Rimsky-Korsakov

That MAD Austrian from Salzburg: Mozart

The Americans: Joplin, Gershwin, Copland 

And then... there is OPERA... Rossini, Verdi, Bizet, Puccini...

The most beautiful art form - MUSIC!

1. cydro profile image96
      cydroposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad deep down on the inside that you didn't say Wagner.  I can't really stand him haha

1. 0
        klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is only one piece of music that I love written by Wagner. "Liebestod" from Tristan and Isolde. The chromaticism is fascinating and then that final chord! Ah!!! Other than that, I am not thrilled about the Walkyries or anything else he wrote. smile

1. RedElf profile image84
          RedElfposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My mother played that piece and I loved it. I enjoy writing to classical music - best when there are no words, otherwise my brain gets distracted. Even in an instrumental version, if the piece does have words my brain puts them in. Distracting... 
          I find I write differently to different composers - for instance, while listening to Bach, I tend to begin much more formally, and be a bit wordier than normal big_smile So I have to go back and edit.
          Once I get going, though, you could set off a bomb and I probably wouldn't notice much.

1. 0
            klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's funny how the brain works with music. In my case, I can't listen to music while I'm writing, reading, trying to go to sleep, or having a conversation. I have perfect pitch, so I'm constantly analyzing the music (chord progression, melody, countermelody, key changes, patterns, etc.) Music doesn't allow me to concentrate on anything else, so I could be looking at the person who's talking to me, and I'll be nodding and all, yet, I'm not listening. Same thing when I attend meetings or someone talks forever... I don't hear the words, just the voice fluctuation. So, yes, I go into "the twilight zone" very often. big_smile

4. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

Obviously I listen to classical music.

I also listen to world and folk music.

I do not listen to pop music because I find it inane and irritating.

5. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I listen to classical most of the time. It's the only music I play. But, when I'm in an energetic and happy mood, I always revert to rock.

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...sure...i luv it...sometimes i'd spin some Vivaldi while doing housework...weird, huh?  big_smile