jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Do You have a nickname?

1. thighhighchick profile image60
    thighhighchickposted 5 years ago

If you have one what is it? How did you get it?
    My is "thigh high chick", and I got it my first week at work as an assistant manager. I thought I was ordering individual pairs of thigh high stockings but actually was ordering cases of them. Imagine our surprise when the truck showed up. Every time I went to a meeting after that people would say "oh your that thigh high chick". And its stuck! Now I kinda like it. What's your story?

1. Jonathan Janco profile image81
      Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And I thought it was ur so little.

In college a friend nicknamed me Gilgamesh and it just stuck. Not sure why he applied it to me, but it still lives on. People still call me that on occasion. An interesting story, though.

2. 0
      WinterWestposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Winter actually.

A military ex-boyfriend gave it to me as my "code" name, since my last name starts with a W.  He said it was because it's so hard to make me lose my cool. We went our separate ways eventually but the name stuck and I've always rather liked it.

3. Daffy Duck profile image60
      Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mine is Dark Angel  or D.A.  It sums up my attitude.  I got it from someone a while back.  This person gave me "Angel" because she caught me giving a homeless person my coat and shirt one winter.  She gave me the name "Dark" because of something I had supposedly done to an abuser.

4. CyclingFitness profile image92
      CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have a couple of nicknames

Years ago while working in a local supermarket I had the nickname Johny Bravo due to spikey blonde hair and the physique of a body builder (i've slimmed down since)

My family call me Cipollini after Mario Cipollini the former cyclists who was a sprinter as I always used to sprint off from my dad when we were on bike rides together. I used to say 'Bye dad!' and just ride off.

2. Google Gal profile image60
    Google Galposted 5 years ago

Yeah its Google Gal smile

1. Obscure_Treasures profile image60
      Obscure_Treasuresposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yup many...babai.chinka,chui,cho.......nd many more.

3. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

I have 2-'Lorlie' and since my mom named me after her, 'Junior.'
    Yech on both, though 'lorlie' works today!

4. R.S. Hutchinson profile image86
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

Mine is "Oh GOD! Oh GOD! Oh GOd!..." I got it ...well, you can figure it out.

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Mine is Izzy but I added the M to it to make it look more professional big_smile

6. 0
    Sherlock221bposted 5 years ago

I haven't had a nickname since school when I was called 'Bond' after James Bond, although I still have no idea why.

7. wheelinallover profile image82
    wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago

I had a nickname as a teen and young adult which was changed three times (shortened) and ended up being Toad. I carried this nickname until my mid thirties and it was even used at work. It was first given by my girlfriend when I ate and tried to feed her legs from a Horned toad.