What can I do to make sure my entertainment is uplifting?

1. Freegoldman profile image61
    Freegoldmanposted 5 years ago

plz teel me....

1. The Taco Tagger profile image60
      The Taco Taggerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am probably in no way the right person to be answering this, but I would think that the best way to make your hub entertaining and uplifting is to just write it as if you are speaking your hub to someone. When I do a movie review I just write a if I'm telling someone how sucky Twilight is and why I think it is that way and what bugs me about it, but I also try to keep everything I write at the 2 pages mark on Word. I don't want to sound ranting and all that so I keep it succinct and try to make a point while trying to sound like myself. The biggest mistake you can make is not sounding like yourself. It's the voice of the hub that brings entertainment for me. It could be a HUGE wall of text, but if it's written in an enjoyable voice, then I'll read all of it willingly.

In order to make your voice sound uplifting, just make everything sound positive. If you are writing something negative about a subject, don't bash it, but put things into a well thought out perspective of why you don't like something and the relay that information in a polite-ish manner.

And finally as always (this is what I do) I let the fetal hub sit in my writing folder on my computer for a few days and then I edit, edit, edit until I get my tone and what I want to say the way I want it before I even sign into Hubpages and post it as a hub. That's what I do to control tone and keep things jolly. Hope this helps!