jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

MTV is 30

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Posted Mon Aug 1, 2011 7:44pm PDT by Lyndsey Parker in
    On Monday, August 1, MTV turned 30 years old. Media outlets across the country, including Yahoo!, celebrated this auspicious occasion in pop culture. All but ONE media outlet, that is: um, MTV. Like the ungracefully aging Gloria Swanson in Sunset Blvd. or titular character in Logan's Run, MTV bizarrely refused to celebrate its own 30th birthday, and just treated it like any other day.
    http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/heard/ … 9-forever/

MTV is ignoring their own birthday..they want to stay 29..you know the old saying.."never trust anyone over 30..lolwink

1. albertovich profile image60
      albertovichposted 5 years ago in reply to this

wow 30...such a milestone but don't worry 40 is better...it's SEXIER!   :-)

2. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Meaningless, I can see why MTV didn't bother with it. It's not the powerhouse it was and didn't want to bring it to the attention of others, which makes it meaningless. lol

3. SxECreator profile image60
      SxECreatorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And sadly look what MTV has become. A breeder, for talentless people to be jackasses on Television. Way to go MTV.  Low far you've come

2. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

I always say im 29 too...lol

3. LearnFromMe profile image91
    LearnFromMeposted 5 years ago

They say that some people look better/are better as they age...perhaps not true for MTV. I can't say that as an original follower that I even view the channel anymore. Their shows, like Jersey Shore, really turn me off. I'd rather see all day music videos like the good old days!

1. Daffy Duck profile image60
      Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LearnFromMe you hit it right on the head.  I don't know how MTV is today, but MTV does stand for Music Television.  From what I've heard there's hardly any music on there anymore.  What happened to the hours of music videos, the Top Ten Countdown.  Oh my God!  I forgot all about that until just now!  Nosatga setting in.  Van Halen--Jump,  Michael Jackson--Thriller, Devo, Ac/Dc, Def Leppard.  I just went back in time.

Bring back the killer music and the videos.  The rock and roll, the pop, the contemporary rock, the best S*** on earth baby!   big_smile

As they do that they can put the Jersey Shore where it belongs........................................................just off the Jersey Shore.   smile

4. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

Is that why they stopped caring about playing cool music videos back in 1999 when they filled their schedule with entire seasons of reality TV? Did they get over their teenage years and settled for a less tasteful choice of programs?

1. stclairjack profile image79
      stclairjackposted 5 years ago in reply to this

right on! one more episode of rob & big i think i'll gag,.. and quiet library? who dreams or night mares this crap up??? i'm embarassed to admit i even know the show names.

MTV2 did something for the entire weekend called MTV30,... it was highlights of te last 30 years,... does that count?

and yes,... i enjoyed watching the highlights of the good stuff all weekend.

5. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

waabaa waa baa waabaa...

6. ComposerGoneWild profile image79
    ComposerGoneWildposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately, the network is full of pointless "reality" shows and no longer hardly features music at all.  Pathetic really....

1. Daffy Duck profile image60
      Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why don't they change their name to RTV. 

Whoever is running that station has been blowing it big time.  They need to live up to the name MTV.