Little boys and meaningful music

1. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 5 years ago

One of my favorite youtube songs is Declan Galbraith at about age 10 singing "Tell Me Why". Then I found Troye Sivan singing "For Them". The Tell Me Why one always gets to me because it's a little boy singing, "Is that what my life is for? To waste in a world full of war?"

But then these little guys grew up a bit, they're both in their late teens now and Guess What They Sing About Now? GIRLS. That's all. Sigh.

Not to say girls aren't very, very meaningful to young guys. It's just that I loved hearing their voices and the lyrics. Now they have deep voices and apparently a one-track mind. Once again, sigh. Oh, well, when they've grown up a bit more maybe.

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Can't fight hormones. A good religious school can beat boys down and make them hide and repress their feelings, but outside of that, you might as well try to put air back in a popped balloon once a boy hits puberty.

2. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 5 years ago

Oops, sorry to all you song writers out there! It's not the little ones writing the lyrics or even choosing what they sing probably. I looked up who wrote Tell Me Why and the guy has a long, long, loooooonng list of songs he's written and many people sing the same ones.

Just had to mention that because my son writes music and always cares greatly about who wrote it, even in videos and games.