jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Old vs. New- Freddy Krueggar vs. Freddy Krueggar

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago

Okay, I'm sure many of you heard of last year's "Nightmare on Elm Street" remake, and I know most of you have heard of the original as well. Anyway, who's the better Freddy? The remake or the original?  I'll let you guys discuss. big_smile

1. duppycon2 profile image62
      duppycon2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Saw the remake of "Nightmare". It was awful, even though I wasn't a big fan of the originals back in the day. So, gotta go with the original.

2. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

Robert englands freddy by 3 miles!!!! the new freddy is barly 5 ft tall!

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you there.  Plus Englund was way scarier too.

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

the lepracahn was scarier then jackie earls freddy! Like a burnt migit was a fly complex. shu fly dont bother me!

4. Len Cannon profile image90
    Len Cannonposted 5 years ago

Uh, well....

I was kind of okay with "new" Freddy but the rapist angle made it really weird and uncomfortable.  I have to say I highly prefer my Freddy Krueger not being so, uh, sexually explicit.

5. Nickalooch profile image85
    Nickaloochposted 5 years ago

i almost felt like Jackie Earle Haley's Freddy had more problems on paper, and because of that his performance was flawed. It doesnt help that Haley isn't naturally scary like Englund.

The New Freddy it seemed the wanted to get away from the the sexual innuedos that made him famous...and then it came on like a hurricane towards the end of the movie. Instead of it being a little freaky, slightly humorous like Englund's Freddy it came off a tad creeper like and was just tacky. For instance the part when he has Nancy wet in a puddle of blood/oil? he makes a comment about her that is just tacky.

I didn't like the new movie. I feel that it should have been a full remake or just a new take on it. Not both. I enjoyed friday the 13th a little bit more.

6. Tricia Hein profile image60
    Tricia Heinposted 4 years ago

I thought that the new one had more story to it and the old one just didn't make as much sense to me. But then, I knew very little about the old one before seeing the remake.