jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Quality of television and movies today

1. ninacrimaldi profile image75
    ninacrimaldiposted 5 years ago

Do you think the quality has decreased or increased? From which decade do your favorite TV shows derive from?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think my favourite shows were from the 90s. Frazier, Friends. But, there are also good current shows like The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. As always, there is crap but every single decade has had bad TV shows.

With movies, some are good and some are not. Just like in the past.

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My favourites derive from the 1950s and and 1960s-and I am 35.

3. Daffy Duck profile image60
      Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Movie quality is going down because they're running out of origional story lines.  Remakes are more common than in the 90's.  There are still some good one out there though.

While there are some creative ideas for origional shows since 2000, there are some really dumb ones out there.  too many reality shows that show people going about their lives with no point to them except to make them famous.  That's why it's been ruled that reality stars cannot have a star on the hollywood walk of fame.  I agree with that.

2. ninacrimaldi profile image75
    ninacrimaldiposted 5 years ago

I happen to love the older material much better! Check out my hub on the topic to know my reasoning.

3. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

At the place I live, I have 19 digital channels for free with 10 buck's digital antenna and a digital converter to my old small TV. Picture is perfect. Enough for me, I do not have time for TV, but digital image is very nice even on an analog TV. I love it!  To answer the question: I think we have both good and bad shows and movies, as always.

4. Jonathan Janco profile image82
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

The old Doctor Who is my favorite. Twin Peaks was a big deal to me when it was on. Oh, and The Twilight Zone (the original b&w series that is).

5. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

There seems always a few good shows and all the rest garbage. Seems true in every field and age.