jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Katt William and the other entertainer.

1. platinumOwl4 profile image44
    platinumOwl4posted 5 years ago

Should entertainer continue an exchange/interaction with their fans?

1. cooldad profile image60
      cooldadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think comedians should be able to say whatever they want, to whoever they want during their shows.  They can be crude, they can be rude, they can be belligerent, they can be racist, they can be sexist.  They are comedians, that's what they do. 

If any audience member is dumb enough to engage the comedian, they are fair game.

1. optimus grimlock profile image59
        optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago in reply to this

well put! I always say if its funny laugh and let it be that. You dont go to a comedy show thinging "they better not make fun of this or that" you go to laugh.

2. iAlex profile image60
      iAlexposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is the most fun part usually. Because it is spontaneous, it just makes everything much funnier.

2. cmlindblom profile image81
    cmlindblomposted 5 years ago

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking but I think entertainers should stay very active with there fans if that is what you are asking. There fans are what makes them and without interaction you look selfish

1. thooghun profile image87
      thooghunposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There's recently been an episode where Kat Williams sparred with a Mexican fan who was hellbent on trash talking the USA. In response Katt appealed to his patriotism as well as make a jib or two. I'm not even from the States but I say good on him, I found nothing offensive in what he said at all.

The ability of comedians to spar with their audiences in my opinion really, truthfully separates the poseurs from the real deal. You can rehearse the same one-liners ad nauseum, but the truly great can improvise incredibly well, and often rely on this to gage their audiences.

1. platinumOwl4 profile image44
        platinumOwl4posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate each and every of your comment. I am currently researching the historical accuracy  or inaccuracies of  a few statements made during a recent exchange between Katt Williams and a member of the audience.