Did Michael Jackson know he was going to die?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (18 posts)
  1. lyns profile image70
    lynsposted 12 years ago

Michael Jackson it appeared made a speech and released things near his death that he never did before, did he have a feeling that he was going to die?, was someone threatening him?, was he murdered? and is he worth more since his death than when he was alive?

1. Yasir Hasan profile image39
      Yasir Hasanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

what exactly did he reveal? can you shed some light on that?

2. profile image49
      apoldearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wait, Michael had a speech made?  You might mean a will? 

Lots of people write their own wills, even if they aren't dying, Its not uncommon.

1. lyns profile image70
        lynsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe he knew he was going to die, it appears he hired a doctor to make sure he wouldn't die, so he thought, but it appears that was his mistake in his death trying to stay alive, raise his children, help others, build a hospital for young disabled children, he had all these dreams, no he didn't think he was going to die.  What's really sad about the whole thing is 3 children are left fatherless.

2. lyns profile image70

@apoldear, to clarify what I meant was his last speech when he stated "This is It, for real", at first I thought he made this speech because he felt something but now, after watching the reports and hearing it is clear to me that as listed above:

1. profile image49
          apoldearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ah, that speech.  I thought that was the last time he was going to tour for concerts.  Like he was going to retire from performing or music records.

1. lyns profile image70

Yes, it was his last tour that he was going to do, I have been watching the coverage of the doctor that's on trial and the entire issue is so sad, they tell about how the kids saw him laying on the bed die, his little girl at the time was so young she cried on the floor, yelling Daddy, daddy, it really is sad.  Then on the other hand it seems the doctor was so close to him that he neglected to do his job, his background seems to be good he just made the wrong judgment, it really is a situation where know one really wins or loose even if they find the doctor guilty. All have lost the kids, the doctor, and of course Michael Jackson and his family.

2. profile image53
    retronposted 12 years ago

just because he used to take cocktail of medicines it doesn't mean he knew eventually he will die...!

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Considering his choice of sleep aids; I would think it was safe to assume he had a good idea that death was a strong possibility.

1. lyns profile image70

@Retron, you're absolutely right because when you think of it, as any parent 1. who would want to leave their child with out a parent, since he was the only one his 3 siblings knew. 2. He sought out a doctor to make sure he was safe paying him $150 thousand a month, if he had that kind of money to spare, he could have afford the drugs some other way and treated himself if he was going to take the chance on his life.  3. He was very concerned about his daily intake of food although he had a cocktail of medications to sleep, he wasn't on street drugs all these drugs were prescribed by doctors, therefore if he could have fallen to sleep like most of us does I don't believe he would have had this cocktail of drugs, just my opinion of it all

1. lyns profile image70

@Emily, I understand where you are coming from, but he didn't use street drugs he obtain them through his treating physicians, there are many street drugs he could have afford and possibly would have aid him in sleeping much better. But because he was concerned about sleeping in order that he could take care of his responsibilities he got the prescriptions from treating physicians, I think  he put to much faith in them, thinking they would take care of him and protect him from death, just my personal opinion, but we never know

1. profile image0
          Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There was nothing legal about what Michael Jackson was doing. Simply because he was incredibly rich and could afford a physician to administer his drugs doesn't mean he wasn't on illegal drugs.

I always felt for him. What a waste. Yes, he was a great musician; but his life tumbled into madness. Looking at pictures of the young man and then the end result of all of that bizarre and unnecessary plastic surgery; he would have been happier and been money ahead if he had only invested in a good shrink. imo.

2. lyns profile image70

@Retron, you're absolutely right because when you think of it, as any parent 1. who would want to leave their child with out a parent, since he was the only one his 3 siblings knew. 2. He sought out a doctor to make sure he was safe paying him $150 thousand a month, if he had that kind of money to spare, he could have afford the drugs some other way and treated himself if he was going to take the chance on his life.  3. He was very concerned about his daily intake of food although he had a cocktail of medications to sleep, he wasn't on street drugs all these drugs were prescribed by doctors, therefore if he could have fallen to sleep like most of us does I don't believe he would have had this cocktail of drugs, just my opinion of it all

1. lyns profile image70

@Yasir Hasan, I didn't word it right he didn't make a speech of his death, just the concert that he was going to do for the last time, he said "This is It", I am serious, I guess meaning he would never perform again after that tour which he didn't live to do, such ashame

4. lyns profile image70
    lynsposted 12 years ago

@Emile R, Have you read his childhood life story, unless we are in shoes of an individual we don't know how we will, or what we will do, Michael never had a child hood, he had a skin disease he did what he did what he thought was right for himself, but he gave millions to charities which are not publicized it's always easier to trigger the negative in the news because that's what simply sells, positive don't sell as quick or easy as negativity and drama, therefore all the money he put into different charities wasn't exposed, neither was his dream to build the Children hospital for disabled children, which was one of his dreams.  Investment he invested into people lives and charities that needed it not into the stock market where he would get returns Michael was into helping people which is not exposed because it's not enough drama when you talk about putting other people needs at the end of ones pocket, unselfishness doesn't mean much to the world so it's not broadcast.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know his whole life story, but I do know he had many childhood experiences that should not have happened. I liked the man, on many levels. Respected him on many. But, the plastic surgery goes a little farther than the claimed skin disease; don't you think? The bizarre public behavior can't be attributed to surface problems either. I would never deny his love of people or his many contributions.

I am so very sorry that such a gifted man did not live a full and happy life. But, I think; had someone within his circle of confidantes been honest with him and attempted to help him understand himself and avert the strange path he seemed bent to embark on; he might still be with us today.

1. lyns profile image70

@Emily R, you are so right, it really is a sad situation, just wish he could have gotten the mental help he needed, because clearly there was know one like you said in the circle of confidantes been honest he would have been here today, you are absolutely right.

1. lyns profile image70

Emily R, thanks for the discussion I have to go to bed, lol, it's 5:10 am. I can't believe I have been up pass 24 hours, I hope you have a wonderful day, and thanks again, I enjoyed this. Have a good one.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)