jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

FICTIONAL ACCOUNTOF WHAT THE END MAY LOOK AND SOUND LIKE

1. Jeromeo profile image60
    Jeromeoposted 8 years ago

THIS STORY IS A  FICTIONAL ACCOUNT OF WHAT THE END MAY LOOK, SOUND, AND FEEL LIKE. YOU ARE INVITED TO ADD YOU ON IMAGINARY ACCOUNT OF SIGHTS, VISIONS AND  SOUNDS TO IT.

YOU CAN SPEAK FROM THE FIRST PERSON POINT OF VIEW EXPERIENCING THE THINGS AROUND YOU OR AS A REPORTER, DELIVERING A LIVE BROADCAST.

TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATE THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF.

THE END

In the past two weeks the average price of Gasoline has soared to $8.00 a gallon. Following the [Big Bail Out of, 08] out as it is now called now and the stabilization of the financial markets, as a result of the bail outs it looked as if we were truly on our way.

GDP, was up and the Housing Market has been rebounding. Consumer confidence was up and now. Once again the energy sector reared its greedy head. Using [The Enron Loop Hole] as a protective cover the Big three Oil companies started to increase gas prices. The daily march to the current $8.00 a gallon was gradual. A few pennies a week until two weeks ago.

Monday two weeks ago, the average price f gas, was $3.75 and then in anticipation of the, 4th of July, celebration and families traveling to visit family. The Big Oil, companies put their collective feet on the accelerator and overnight the price of gas has reached it highest price ever.

Siting the high price of over-seas gas and the years they have been paying higher gas prices the CEO’s of the major oil companies say it’s time the American taxpayers, stop whining and steeped up to the plate, to pasy their fare share of the cost of fossil fuels.

As a result Marshall law has been instituted in New Jersey, Pittsburgh and Boston. The national Guards of California Arizona and New Mexico are on stand by alert after riots broke out as more and more consumer rush the pumps to top off their tanks before the next rise in prices.

At the same domino affect that saw American finances crash in 08 are at work again. The high price of gas is affecting, the price for food at the grocers. The price of Air fare has seen a sharp up tick. People are unable to pay their mortgage notes because of high food prices. And the still shaky housing recovery is back on it’s heals again as mortgage back securities are falling through the floor.

2. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

LOL Jeromeo,

I was thinking about something like that (not about THE END of course, but about how we will live in a few years from now), but decided I don't have enough skill.

I pretty much agree to your picture, except for the price of oil. I think we saw the top of it for our lives duration already, chances are it's not gonna climb anywhere near that anytime soon...

In fact, I predict that ALL prices likely will go down, as we are entering deflationary depression...

3. thranax profile image51
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Depression sounds depressing neutral

~thranax~

4. coolbreeze profile image7
    coolbreezeposted 8 years ago

While many will believe that the world runs their life, those will be the ones who will perceive it as bad. I would ask what was so good about what was perceived before s**t hit the fan? Can someone explain that to me? Please Misha?

5. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

For you - surfing, for me - driving big_smile

And it will stay the same I believe - If I understood your question correctly Rik. smile

1. thranax profile image51
      thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You always have the best answers to questions us answerers can't answer.

~thranax~

6. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

IDK Thranax, answers just come sometimes all by themselves, I just type them smile

1. thranax profile image51
      thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Kinda like the Act of a Person putting together your KFC dinner and not knowing how to even though they worked there for 3 months?

~thranax~

7. JKSophie profile image64
    JKSophieposted 8 years ago

People's negligence and abuse of what God gave us, contribute to the continuous cycle of depression around the globe.  World leader's abuse of power and corruption brought poverty into picture.  Countless of crimes and wars occuring every minute, everyday, shelter us with fear. If these things continue, what else can we expect in the future? We can start now...today, by taking baby steps to start caring for others and for this world we're all sharing. smile

8. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

Here's one of the newer fad endings; inspired by the movie Knowing.  The sun is in a period of high solar activity, like it is now.  The planets got into syzygy, I just had to use that word, the planets line up.  A gravity well is created that will suck a solar flare through the solar system toasting all of us before we can say ouch.  Of course what they don't tell you is that the planets of aligned during a period of high solar activity about a million times since the Earth was formed and we are still here.

9. J.S. Brooks profile image80
    J.S. Brooksposted 7 years ago

I'm late coming to the end. Typical for me. Archaeologists found another version of the end in Mesoamerica. One of the ancient city states was run by a ruler devoted to conquest. His people were his soldiers and were often away from home conquering more territory. The farming families were required to pick up the slack. With constant expansion, eventually the farm land close to home was depleted and farmers had to work farther up the sides of the mountains that were ringing the city. They were away for days at a time. As a result, the average person could no longer take in the games and amusements or visit the establishments they had enjoyed when they had leisure time. Eventually, the average people, stripped of all their comforts, overworked, and too often sent to fight and die in wars far from home rebelled. The rebelled quietly. The simply ceased to pay attention to the central government of the city, quit visiting the city core, and quit paying tribute to the wealthy. The government collapsed. 300 years later the last of the wealthy were gone. 800 years later the last of the farmers left the once thriving metropolis. The End.

working