jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Does the WWE have Too Many Pay Per Views

1. mosaicman profile image83
    mosaicmanposted 5 years ago

I saw "Night of Champions" two weeks ago. Next thing I know they are advertising for "Hell in the Cell" taking place two weeks later. I love wrestling, however I think it is watering down the product. The titles change hands each pay per view. Just have "Saturday Night's Main Event" instead.

2. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

I think they have a couple to many. Years ago it was summer slam, wrestlemania,king of the ring and that was enough. They're spaced out so it made you want to watch. Unfortunatly they realized they made tons of money on them and flooded the public with them. I think it hurt them to a certain extent!

mosaicmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree.

Also, don't forget about the Survivor Series! They has some amazing matches over the years in that PPV.

I can't stand the fact that they made a Hell in the Cell PPV. That used to be one of the most feared and dangerous matches. Now, you're hard pressed to see a wrestler bleed when coming out of that match. They've become weak.

3. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

I knew I forgot 1. We watched the 1st one on ppv at my uncles house I think it was 87.

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I had no idea people would pay to watch this stuff.

We all pay for entertainment. We just happen to like wrestling!

5. Johnjfernando profile image60
    Johnjfernandoposted 5 years ago

Normally you'd want to hear someone say 'I stopped watching it because I've grown up,' but really, "I stopped watching it ever since the Attitude Era storyline was dropped. Also dropped was the NWO which I think was a huge mistake when you had guys (after Hogan, Diesel, and Hall had a great run with it) such as Xpac, HBK, Show, Diesel again.....Miss the good 'ol days when wrestling was something traditional.

In order to be successful, you have to re-create yourself when what you are doing becomes stale. McMahon has done this time and time again. He even became the biggest villan on the show when he had to help throw the company on his back (along with Stone Cold). I can't say definnitively whether or not it hurt the product.

working