jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Old vs. New- Willy Wonka vs. Charley Buckett

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago

Okay, I'm sure many of you may have seen both the original, "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" and possibly it's remake, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", by now.  However, now it's time to compare the two, and see which one you think is the better film.  Here are your criterias to judge. 

Best Charlie Buckett

Best Willy Wonka

Best Umpa Lumpas

Best Visuals

Best Songs

Best supporting cast

And finally, Best story and better overall film

Personally, this isn't much of a contest to me, as the original wins in all categories if you want my opinion.  However, I doubt seriously any of you in forums wants me to elaborate on that, as this is more about how...YOU feel which one is better than the other.  So how about it folks...which is the better movie? big_smile

2. 61
    laptop-coolerposted 5 years ago

The original was by far the best, I don't like how they changed Willy Wonka from eccentric to 'weird and abused'.

3. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

i think you mean weird and creepy

4. Sharon McConnell profile image49
    Sharon McConnellposted 5 years ago

I like the original for nostalgic reasons.  However, the newer version with the combo of Johnny Depp and new technology is the winner!

5. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 6 months ago

The original is better by far. I would say forget about charlie bucket. Veruka and Violet were the true stars of the original. And Gene Wilder was great of course.

The only thing I liked about the new version was willy wonkas back story, and the chocolate river was much more impression. But, the new movie sucked.

The umpa loompas from the original movie were best. the new movie had songs that were too modern for little kids, and I thought they were just filler.