jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Ringo Starr Is Too Busy For Fan Mail

1. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

Did anyone read about how Ringo Starr says he is now too busy to sign fan mail?  Some fans and non-fans are getting into some heated arguments about this over at digg LOL.

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 8 years ago

Yeah, I heard about this.  How is he too busy??  This is the first time I have heard anything about him in at least three years.  What the heck could he possibly be doing?  It seems a little ungreatful, and kind of an a**hole move.  He was the least respected member of the best band of all time.  You would think that his fans were important to him.  It bothers me, but, I never liked Ringo anyway.

3. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

I thought the same thing about him sounding ungrateful.  I mentioned on digg that at least bands like the Moody Blues continually seem grateful to their fans and do not mind signing fan mail.  I got some very negative reactions from Ringo fans.  However, I cannot help but be drawn to the Moodies because they do seem more down to earth than Ringo.  Why did he have to go on youtube and make a big deal anyway?  Part of me thinks he is just trying to get interest in upcoming concerts because to some in the entertainment business: "all news is good news."

4. jbcat profile image60
    jbcatposted 8 years ago

Yes I believe he is ungrateful but being a Big Star so long I can feel his pain. I saw him on TV and he was kind of mean to a lady offering him a cookie. He said I do not do sugar grab the cooking and gave it to someone else.  But who can blame him, stardom takes it tole.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Ringo Starr has never been tactful, that is for sure smile

You could take the positive angle and say he made the announcement to stop people from sending him stuff when they can't really afford it. I personally think it's kind of silly (and actually inconsiderate) to send stuff to a celebrity and ask them to sign it and send it back to you.

Then again...he might just be a jerk smile

1. SweetiePie profile image83
      SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Good point, I would never send items to a celebrity to sign either.  What I just thought was interesting was the big deal he made about not sending fan mail smile.  I noticed on his website he has made some new incentives for fans, and I wonder if he did this to detract from the fan mail announcement.