jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Dr. Conrad Murray goes to jail for killing M.J for 4 years!?

1. Johnjfernando profile image62
    Johnjfernandoposted 4 years ago

Its official! Dr. Conrad Murray is convicted of involuntary manslaughter and could be sent to jail for 4 years. What are your thoughts on this.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, involuntary manslaughter kinda means he didn't mean to do it.  It was really neglect on his part.  Didn't testimony show that MJ inflicted the drugs on himself without the DR's knowledge?  (Even though the dr. prescribed them)

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Oh well. It's not a surprise. At least they did find him guilty. lol

3. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 4 years ago

He was over-prescribing pain medecation that wasn't required.  Lets face it, he murdered him.

4. Fiddleman profile image71
    Fiddlemanposted 4 years ago

At 150K a month for personal care this "doc" is the personification of greed and didn't flinch when the verdict was read. Assisted suicide??? Makes me wonder.

5. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 4 years ago

Sad... but let's face it, we will never know the Truth.

There was no real evidence, just experts of propafol etc giving testimony in court. Only Michael Jackson and Conrad knows what happens.

Having said that, I wish he had called 911 sooner.

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

my 2 cents around what i read in this thread...didn't pay attention to the 'latest MJ news'...so if the doc was convicted because of over-prescribing,there are many, many, many docs that could/should face the same thing - problem is, those that died because their docs over-prescribed meds weren't famous and their demise did not make the news.

7. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

I think that's the right verdict.
    He didn't intend to kill MJ. 
    He enabled Michael Jackson in becoming addicted to Propafol (or as MJ called it, his "milk.").

Yes, he should have called 911 faster.
    But hey, it took Casey Anthony a month to report her daughter missing.
    And she walked.
    At least Murray got taken out of circulation. He won't be getting any more $150K a month personal pusher gigs for at least 4 years.

8. cat on a soapbox profile image82
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

Dr.Murray should be punished by having his medical license permanently taken away. I see no reason to have him do jail time. Michael was a mess with drug addiction. Demerol no longer worked, and he begged Dr. Murray, as his personal physician, to give him "his milk" Propophyl. The doctor was negligent in giving in to his high-profile patient and leaving his side when he should have been monitored. There was no malice involved-  simply medical malpractice.

9. cat on a soapbox profile image82
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

Michael's parents did more accumulative harm over the long run. Let's put them in jail!

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
      Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How about his plastic surgeon? Now there's a real criminal.