jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Beauty and the Beast 3-D

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 4 years ago

Well in light of the "Lion King's" success at the box office, when it was rereleased in 3-D, it looks like Disney will be releasing "Beauty and the Beast" in 3-D next year.  What are your thoughts on this?  big_smile

1. 0
      icountthetimesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think many fans of the original will go to see it, but 3D might put some people off. It seems to be something that splits the general public. I'm personally not a fan of 3D verisons of movies, unless it's specifically made to be seen in 3D to begin with.

2. vmartinezwilson profile image86
      vmartinezwilsonposted 4 years ago

I actually think its a perfect fit for 3-D since, I believe (and I could be recalling incorrectly), that this was the first of the Disney films to use CGI.  I think they should probably slow down there, since it would seem
      superfluous within the context of their storylines.  Because really, would 3-D add anything to Sleeping Beauty or Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs when most of the scenes are girls singing and traipsing around with forrest animals?  I think not.  I think Beauty and the Beast, on the other hand, has some merrit though.

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
      optimus grimlockposted 4 years ago

its good for a new generation of kids that havent seen it!

4. Captain Redbeard profile image60
      Captain Redbeardposted 4 years ago

Having 5 kids means I have all the kids movies and have seen them 1000 times each. Of all the disney princess movies I think Beauty and the Beast is my favorite. Who doesn't like beast, and Belle would be hot amirite?......ok maybe its just me lol anyway, I think this is something worth seeing. The fight scene at the end in the thunder storm with him and Gaston would be cool.

5. Daffy Duck profile image60
      Daffy Duckposted 4 years ago

I think it's ridiculous.  They must be really low on origional ideas to pull this crap.  Leave the movies alone.