jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Audrey Hepburn - more than a little bit of alright

1. uncorrectedvision profile image62
    uncorrectedvisionposted 4 years ago

I had just tuned into, near the end, a charming movie from 1966, "How to Steal a Million," when Audrey Hepburn uttered the line, "Do I look alright?" to Peter O'Toole. I nearly choked.  WHAT!?! - when did she not look better than alright.  The juxtaposition of that line with that adorable beauty struck me as so absurdly humorous.  I cannot think of a time when Audrey Hepburn was, at the least, charming and lovely or stunning and captivating. 

I am hard pressed to think of an actress today that captures anything near that class, style or charm.  What has happened to our movie culture?  Can you think of someone who comes close?

I like Jennifer Anniston for many of the same reasons but she falls short by an order of magnitude.  I like Sandra Bullock in interviews, she appears genuine, sweet and charming.  But how about the class and style?

Are we too jaded?  Is our culture too crude and boorish to enjoy decency, style, comportment, morality, etc...?

Where is our Audrey Hepburn?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Audrey Hepburn was fantastic, definitely wholesome. I can't think of anyone that comes close, although I'd have to say with regards to class and finesse, I think Nicole Kidman and Angelina Jolie possess a bit of both.

2. SherryDigital profile image77
      SherryDigitalposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Have you seen Audrey Tautou? She starred in Amelie, definitely my favorite movie of all time. She is France's answer to our need of a modern day muse. Lovely.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image62
        uncorrectedvisionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good answer, she is delightful.