jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Can you recommend any shocking or thought provoking documentaries?

1. 0
    icountthetimesposted 4 years ago

I've seen an awful lot of nature documentaries and so on, but I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for documentaries that are a tad more hard hitting?

1. LookingForWalden profile image61
      LookingForWaldenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Religulous by Bil Maher.
      And I just saw one on time travel that was awesome.
      I don't remember the name though.

1. 0
        icountthetimesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the suggestion. The time travel one sounds interesting too.Let me know if you remember the name smile.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

See the movie 'The Corporation'.  Shocking unless you're into mass media mind control and animal abuse.  Interestingly, and also irritating and shocking to me:  Since the courts have deemed it lawful that a corporation has the same rights as an individual in a court of law, the documentary exposes a study where the corporate entity is given a psychological evaluation based on human attributes. After a full evaluation of the checklist - the same one they would give to any human being - the corporate entity is defined as being a psychopath.

1. 0
        icountthetimesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This sounds like just the thing I'm looking for, so thanks for posting. I'll try to rent it out, and will hopefully let people here know what I think about it. It's certainly a disturbing area, and that power that corporations currently have within society should be worrying to us all.