jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

The Nutty professor played by John Travolta, Good idea or not.

1. karwoo profile image60
    karwooposted 4 years ago

Today I watched the Nutty professor with Jerry Lewis. I totally saw John Travolta playing this role. He can dance he can sing and he has that chin Like Jerry Lewis. I wonder if ever offered that role he would do it. Any thought?

1. vmartinezwilson profile image85
      vmartinezwilsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I thought both Jerry Lewis and Eddie Murphy did great as The Nutty Professor respectively.  I do think there was a period where John Travolta would have been great in the role, I'm not sure that's the case anymore.  It's not that he doesn't have comedic timing, he does; I'm just not sure if he could pull the 'nutty' part of the role off.

But, I do love John Travolta, so if he did play the part (not that I think they're redoing it or would cast him), I'd want to see what he did with it.  I will say I gave him a chance when he did Hairspray and I was sorely disappointed, but I have a soft spot for Mr. Travolta, so I'm game to see him try almost any role he plays.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
        couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm inclined to agree with you.  I think he could do anything well.  Loved him Michael.  He might bring something different to the role.

2. karwoo profile image60
    karwooposted 4 years ago

Yeah he is pretty good at everything I have seen him in. I mean Hairspray was just funny. He did it well. I think he can pull off anything