jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Kirk Douglas turns 95!

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

On Friday, the legendary actor Kirk Douglas celebrates his 95th year and almost a century of accomplishment. Best known for his iconic roles in "Spartacus," "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea," and "Lust for Life," the self-described "ragman's son" made his way from poverty to screen legend.

The superstar had a humble start: The first-generation American was born Issur Danielovitch Demsky to Russian-Jewish parents in Amsterdam, New York, back in 1916. An avid performer in high school plays, the go-getter made his mark at Saint Lawrence University in upstate New York, where he became a wrestling champion. He later received an acting scholarship at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York City, where he met classmate and fellow future icon Lauren Bacall.
    http://buzzlog.yahoo.com/buzzlog/94694/ … rk-douglas

1. Alecia Murphy profile image90
      Alecia Murphyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow, that's pretty impressive.

2. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

On a similar topic I see actor Harry Morgan (Col. Sherman Potter in M*A*S*H) died today, aged 96.

Oh my, aren't we all getting old!!

3. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

people are living longer and healthier lives today. I can see humans living to 115!

4. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

God bless Mr. Douglas.  I wish him a Happy Birthday and many more.  He is a magnificent actor.   The modern actors can learn a few things from Mr. Douglas.  He is brilliant, handsome, and wonderful in every way.  Class all the way!

5. 0
    raswposted 4 years ago

He's a hottie. Ever seen "big trees"?