Does Anybody Hear Her

1. DeaneMc profile image62
    DeaneMcposted 8 years ago

This is the words to a song by Casting Crowns

She is running, a hundred miles an hour in the wrong direction. She is trying, but the canyon's ever widening in the depths of her cold heart, so she sets out on another misadventure just to find, she's another two years older, and she's three more steps behind.
    Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see? Or does anybody even know she's going down today, under the steeple, with all the lost and lonely people, searching for the hope that's tucked away in you and me, does anybody hear her? Can anybody see?
    She is yearning, for shelter and affection, that she never found at home, She is searching, for a hero to ride in, to ride in and save the day. And in walks her prince charming, and  he knows just what to say, momentary lapse of reason, and she gives herself away.
    If judgment looms under every steeple, if lofty glances from lofty people, can't see past her scarlet letter, and we never even met her.
    Does anybody hear her? Can anybody see? Or does anybody even know she's going down today, under the steeple, with all the lost and lonely people, searching for the hope that's tucked away in you and me, does anybody hear her? Can anybody see?

I often wonder how many hurting people pass us by and we miss a chance to share with them the love of Christ. To give them a hope and to tell them that somebody cares. It is interesting how certain songs can touch the heart and hit us right where it hurts. Open the eyes of my heart Lord, so I can reach out to the hurting lonely people and give them your words to comfort and lift up.

2. sukkran profile image66
    sukkranposted 8 years ago

yes, I do
    with tears in my eyes..
    heaviness in my heart..
    yes, I do
    hear the beat of her heart..
    pray the lord
    with tears in my eyes..
    heaviness in my heat..
    O LORD.........

sukkran