Stained Glass Masquerade

1. DeaneMc profile image59
    DeaneMcposted 7 years ago

edit | delete
    This is words to a song by " Casting Crowns "
    There are times in our lives people feel exactly what this song expresses.     

Stained Glass Masquerade

Is there anyone that fails/is there anyone that falls/ am I the only one in church today feeling' so small.
    Cause when I take a look around/everybody seems so strong/ I know they'll soon discover/ that I don't belong
    So I tuck it all away/Like everything's okay/ If I make them all believe it, maybe I'll believe it too/So with a painted grin, I play the part again/so everyone will see me the way that I see them.
    Are we happy plastic people/under shiny plastic steeples/with walls around our weakness/and smiles to hide our pain/but if the invitations' open/to every heart that has been broken/maybe then we close the curtain on our stained glass masquerade.
    Is there anyone who's been there/are there any hands to raise/am I the only one who's traded/In the altar for a stage. The performance is convincing/and we know every line by heart/only when no one is watching,can we really fall apart
    But would it set me free/if I dared to let you see/ the truth behind the person/that you imagine me to be.
    Would your arms be open/or would you walk away/would the love of Jesus/be enough to make you stay.

2. 59
    rinasings2uposted 7 years ago

hmmmm .....