jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Was Anyone Surprised by the Kate Perry Russell Brand split?

1. Cassie Smith profile image76
    Cassie Smithposted 4 years ago

I mean, what is Russell Brand famous for other than he's some guy from Britain who married a pop star.

1. wordscribe43 profile image92
      wordscribe43posted 4 years ago in reply to this

He's been in a few movies.  I liked him in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

I didn't know they split, though.  Another quickie.

2. Colleenmt profile image80
    Colleenmtposted 4 years ago

I love Russell Brand's comedy and Katy Perry's music.  Kind of feeling like my parents are breaking up.  (Kidding.)  (Maybe.) 

I read his book and he's a self-proclaimed sex addict, so...not a big surprise?

1. Cassie Smith profile image76
      Cassie Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A comedian and a sex addict, and he looks like that? Wow!

3. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 4 years ago

but it seemed like true love!!!!

4. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I was completely and utterly shocked, I tell you!!  I had every reason to believe that their marriage would last forever, that she would be the next President, and that he would win six Nobel prizes (after finding the cure for cancer, of course).

5. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

It's not called "Show Business" for nothing!
    You don't know the real person behind the scenes. Most comedian(he says he is) are really dark off camera.
    She came from a religious home and he mocked her and the family. if anyone cares...roll

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I guess that just goes to show that you have to iron out your religious differences before getting married.   smile     Or else it goes to show that no good ever comes from mocking someone's family (and/or religious background - as has so often been evidence on the religious forums here).  big_smile

6. MartyCT profile image60
    MartyCTposted 4 years ago

I'm not surprised, he was always adding jokes about religion and she was from a very religious backround.  That with his sexual jokes and movies, I just was waiting for some sort of an affair to happen.

I dont know why exactly they split, I read it was about him sobering up and her wanting to party all the time.  But who knows what the truth was.

I still love his humour and comedy, he is a great comedian, regardless of what happens in his personal life.  I also love Katey's music to death.  So I will keep their personal lives out of my enjoyment of their careers as artists.

7. Miss M profile image60
    Miss Mposted 4 years ago

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? 'Tis a shame - they looked really cute together