jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

What's your favorite "movie night" movie?

1. LoveLikeASunset profile image60
    LoveLikeASunsetposted 5 years ago

Every friday, my friends and I get together to have a movie night at someone's house. It is always a lot of fun but I have noticed that a magority of the movies we watch are duds. Could you help me out and tell me which movies are your fan favorites? I want to make the next movie night the best one yet!

1. profile image0
      Muldaniaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My favourite films are, 'The Slipper and the Rose', 'The Odd Couple', 'Beyond the Grave' and 'The Ghost and Mrs Muir.'

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

I have a million favorites. One I like especially is 'The Big Sleep' 1946 Bogart, Bacall.

LoveLikeASunsetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! Ill have to check that one out.

3. poetvix profile image82
    poetvixposted 5 years ago

I too have many.  Currently I would recommend "Rise of the Planet of the Apes."

I really wanted to see that one! Thanks for reminding me, i'll have to check it out as well!

4. vmartinezwilson profile image84
    vmartinezwilsonposted 5 years ago

I have a 6 year old, so movie nights tend to be animated or with talking animals.  When she's not around, these are some of my go to movies:

13 Assassins, Avatar and Boondock Saints for action;

Evil Dead 2, Hairspray (the original with Divine), Dead Snow and Tokyo Gore Police for campy, cheesy goodness;

Ringu, Three Extremes and Cube for horror;

Dodgeball, Tropic Thunder and Inglorious Basterds for comedy;

2001: A Space Oddesey, M and Izo for cerebral.

I will note that every one of these films is in no way appropriate for kids or pre-teens.

Thank you! All are really great suggestions. Dodgeball and Inglorious Bastards are my personal favorites!

5. Matt in Jax profile image80
    Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago

What kind of movie recommendations are you looking for? New or old? Horror, girlie, etc?

I am looking for girly/humor movies. Thanks for asking. I should have been more specific.

6. ishwaryaa22 profile image86
    ishwaryaa22posted 5 years ago

Bridesmaids would be an ideal "movie night" movie in the girly/humour movies category.

7. ishwaryaa22 profile image86
    ishwaryaa22posted 5 years ago

Yet my favourite  films are Titanic, The Holiday,  The notebook, Life is beautiful, etc  and many more to name!

8. Adrian Lavelle profile image89
    Adrian Lavelleposted 5 years ago

If you're looking for a laugh you can always do The 'Worst Movies Ever' night. 'The Room' and 'Birdemic' are two good examples. They are terrible terrible films, so bad they are funny. Always good to watch with friends if you want to roll around on the floor laughing.

1. lizzieBoo profile image79
      lizzieBooposted 5 years ago in reply to this

'Evil Dead' would be good one for that game.

9. sammynella profile image60
    sammynellaposted 5 years ago

I'm always up for "The Shawshank Redemption".  It's just a modern classic, period!

10. lizzieBoo profile image79
    lizzieBooposted 5 years ago

I'm a sucker for 'Dangerous Liaisons',  'Sense and Sensibility', 'On the Water front', 'Master and Commander' and 'Metropolis'. All are wonderful and put me in a reverie.

working