jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

1. sassydee profile image50
    sassydeeposted 4 years ago

what is the latest movie that you saw that you really liked and why?

1. 0
      Muldaniaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Iron Lady, which I saw three nights ago.  The acting was really good and I was hooked right from the first few minutes.  It was also a very moving film in parts.

1. 72
        independentmindedposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Having seen the trailer for Iron Lady, I decided not to see it for at least a couple of reasons:

A)  This movie seemed to portray (the late) British Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, as a much more sympathetic character than she was in real life. 

B)  Meryl Streep didn't seem that great in The Iron Lady.

2. VeronicaFarkas profile image87
      VeronicaFarkasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I saw Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows in theater. It was just as great as the first  - w/ twists in the plot, fantastic character development, and wonderful scenery.

Outside the theater (at home), I recently watched Law Abiding Citizen, which was AWESOME. Jamie Foxx & Gerard Butler work really well together. It's a great action/suspense thriller. It's a bit hard to stomach at times, but is an incredible movie overall! I recommend it!

3. 72
      independentmindedposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I saw The Descendants and The Secret World of Arriety recently, which I really liked. 

George Clooney was excellent in The Descendents, which had a beautiful but sad story to it, overall.

The Secret World of Arriety was an interesting animated movie, because Japanese animation, generally, is much more interesting than the ordinary American animation.

2. 2uesday profile image90
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

War Horse and even though it made me feel sad it was an amazing film. My grandfather had been in the First World War and never mentioned anything about it except he had helped to care for the horses. It brought home to me how brave that quiet and lovely man must have been.

3. brittanytodd profile image93
    brittanytoddposted 4 years ago

I just watched Primer, which I had never heard of before.  It was soooo good!  It's a sci-fi movie about two men who accidentally create a time machine.  It's so good I am going to watch it again.

4. sassydee profile image50
    sassydeeposted 4 years ago

thanks for all your posts i will try to check out the movies you have recommended when they come out on Netflix!

5. gabrielthomas72 profile image77
    gabrielthomas72posted 4 years ago

I think my favourite film most recenlty watched at the cinema was My Week With Marilyn. As a big fan of the former screen siren I was incredibly interested and hesitant about how she would be portrayed by Michelle Williams in this film. But it was beautifully filmed and told a story about the most famous woman in the world, who was desperate for a friend she could trust, and be an ordinary girl with. Highly reccommended.