jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

Have you ever been the muse of a song?

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

I have, although being that my father wrote the song and recorded it perhaps that is not all that surprising. It was a song he wrote when I was a child entitled "Little Girls should Always Stay the Same."

1. Michele Travis profile image69
      Michele Travisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nope  lol

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

I was the muse not only of a song but that song was played by a high school marching band.  Dating a music teacher rocks.  We ended the relationship but he is still my best friend because, really, how could you dislike a guy like that?

FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's really cool.I love being the daughter of retired professional musicians

3. toys-everywhere profile image59
    toys-everywhereposted 5 years ago

Not that I know of smile

4. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

No, I haven't. But apparently one of my ancestors, Jenny Devlin, was an infamous pickpocket in London, and a song was made about her. Trust my family to offer up the criminal element.

yes, well I am dircetly related to a profiteer - Sir Henry Morgan otherwise known as Captain Morgan. He's been in plenty of movies. Though his legend is quite exaggerated into being a pirate. Pirates do not get knighted or get government positions. Profiteers can though. So yes, there is a bit of chaos. If I remember correctly he was Governor of Jamaica for a while.

5. Alecia Murphy profile image89
    Alecia Murphyposted 5 years ago

I wish but then again I think of other muses like Delilah from "Hey There Delilah" and all the trouble she experienced. So maybe it's good that I'm not.

perhaps. hahahahaha!

6. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

yes, by a guy that I dated who played in a rock band.  I sat in the audience and he sang it, after dedicating it to me, and stared right at me throughout the whole song...at twenty-six I thought that was very cool.

7. 0
    woofydog53posted 5 years ago

But of course,,,,,"Little Girls Should Always Stay The Same",,,,,,was written expressly for you,,,,,,,,,,intended for Kenny Rogers and is with Taxi Publishers, pending review. I only just recently brought it about for commercial recording.  That song was directed to you and to every guy's little girl and how she affects him as a dad/man.  Little girls can wrap their dad around their little finger,,,,,,and much to the dislike of many women,,,,no matter what age they achieve,,,they will always be their dad's "little girl",,,,,,it's special place in the hearts of men the world over,,,,,,

Oh, Dad. I hope Kenny Rogers does record it.

8. 72
    SanXuaryposted 5 years ago

I have written many songs and sent them to my favourite bands. I have actually had dreams of songs and music that I have never heard. I wake up and have no idea where they come from. I here a song every once in a while and know I heard it before. I believe ideas can be universal based on the ideas of many people. I have had people use my ideas to get rich. I have had people who barely know me show up and show me my idea being sold somewhere else. I think its wonderful and I have no problem with giving my ideas to others. A lot of my ideas can change the World and make it better for everyone. No idea is one person and it makes me sick when one man in a mega empire claims all the credit. If I had infinite wealth we would all be wealthy because sustainment and permanency is how we protect our children.

9. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 4 years ago

I have also lately been the subject of a song meant to diss me. All the person did was show me I have control over her. She has no idea I am laughing at her.

10. MissE profile image79
    MissEposted 4 years ago

When I See Your Face by Bruno Mars.  Yeah.......Bruno and I go WAAAAY back.  LOL!!!!  What a humble person I am today.

FloraBreenRobisonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

hahahahaha! Oh, well. no need to be humble there. I will keep you in mind when I hear that song from now on. Cheers.

working