jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

Does anyone know where I could purchase a record player?

1. toys-everywhere profile image61
    toys-everywhereposted 5 years ago

Hopefully not an incredibly expensive one, as I'm an unemployed teenager sad

1. TamCor profile image80
      TamCorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Can you buy something online?  Ebay always has items like that.  If not, check out thrift stores in your area, Craigslist, or even local auctions. smile

Good luck!

2. toys-everywhere profile image61

I will have to check that,... thank you for answering smile

3. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 5 years ago

You're welcome! smile

We used to sell on Ebay full time, and we went to local auctions every week to find stuff to re-sell on there.  It was rare that we didn't see a record player,  especially at estate auctions...

4. vmartinezwilson profile image86
    vmartinezwilsonposted 5 years ago

If that doesn't work out for you, Bed Bath and Beyond have a record player that looks like an old school radio.  You can try that.  I think Best Buy has them at their larger stores as well.

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

Amazon do them starting at about £45

6. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

There are working turntables at my local Goodwill thrift store for about $20.

7. toys-everywhere profile image61

Awesome, guys, thanks! I will check all of these, although I've already checked on ebay and the cheapest one was about $70 (plus shipping)-- that I don't have. I couldn't find any on craigslist. I'm thinking of visiting some yard sales or something, and maybe trying to find a flea market near my area. I appreciate all of your suggestions; Have a lovely day, everyone!

8. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 5 years ago

Pawn shops, many a failed DJ finds themselves selling their equipment once the realization of a lack of actual talent emerges.

9. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 5 years ago

You mentioned that you checked on eBay.  I just wanted to let you know(in case you didn't already) that you can do a local search.  If you find one close to you, you can ask if they do a local pick up--then you don't have to pay for shipping. smile

We always offered that, because shipping can be a pain with bigger items like that, lol...

10. toys-everywhere profile image61

Hmmm... I didn't know that, so I suppose I shall recheck! smile Thanks, TamCor.

1. TamCor profile image80
      TamCorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome!  Let us know where you eventually find one--I'm curious to see where it will be, lol... big_smile

11. brittanytodd profile image91
    brittanytoddposted 5 years ago

Aw, we just sold one of our old ones on Craigslist.  You should check there, but make sure to test it before you buy it!

12. RANDOMTHTS4ALL profile image80
    RANDOMTHTS4ALLposted 5 years ago

We have 2. Let me know if you havnt found one. We will sell it to you cheap plus shipping. Otherwise try a pawn shop maybe, or ebay.

working