jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Zombie apocalypse

1. Captain Redbeard profile image59
    Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago

What will be your method of survival? Hunker down at the homestead witha  12 gauge and try to ride out the infection or will you hit the road on a harley and head north where the cold temps freeze the reaniemated corpses into threatless statues? Maybe something else entirely?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

....nah i'd ride south, where it's warm and sunny....but first i'd buy some new mufflers...i'd need a bit more rumble as i ride off into the sunshine.....a woman's gotta have some fun if the world is ending

2. CarltheCritic1291 profile image76
    CarltheCritic1291posted 5 years ago

I read an article about this called "7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)". Long story short, if a zombie scenario were to happen it wouldn't last very long because:
    *They have too many natural predators
    *Dead bodies don't last long in intense heat
    *Dead bodies don't last long in intense cold
    *Biting is a terrible way to spread a disease
    *They can't heal from Day to day damage
    *The Landscape is full of Zombie proof barriers
    *Weapons and people who use them

Source: http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7- … ly_p7.html

1. donotfear profile image93
      donotfearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Charlie the Critic,

a great observation. I was thinking the same thing, mainly because I know that it takes a while for a body to totally decay so there would be an end, eventually. The birds would pick em to death (ha) until they got to the brain stem, then bingo, they are no more.  That's why some of the zombie war books and movies are a little off.  But heck, I'm still a Walking Dead fan and love the books of JL Bourne.

I say hunker down at the homestead with plenty of ammo, guns and bows and pick em off one by one!

1. CarltheCritic1291 profile image76
        CarltheCritic1291posted 5 years ago in reply to this

@Donotfear: LOL Yes a Zombie apocalypse is fun to think about because as implausible as it is, it can create such fascinating ideas for movies, television, and video games. I love to make and watch horror films, and zombie apocalypses have always been a free for all bucket for horror (filmmakers such as myself).
        @Captain Redbeard: Yeah, but you've got to admit it's a very useful/funny site for trivial and yet interesting information smile

1. Captain Redbeard profile image59
          Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh I love it big_smile

I've always like the idea of holding up in the colder regions and starting life over, then again sociaty in freezing temperatures would be vertually uneffected by the out break so I guess I would really just be adapting to new governments and ways of life hmm

2. Captain Redbeard profile image59
      Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5- … en_p5.html

SMH, oh cracked, will you ever let the debates end? lol

3. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago

I just happen to have a hub about this very topic -  kangaroojase.hubpages.com/hub/how-to-survive-when-zombies-attack-a-survival-guide

4. Al Shield profile image71
    Al Shieldposted 5 years ago

Find something rear engined and fast, reinforce the front end and proceed to play a reality version of Carmegeddon with zombies big_smile

5. SonQuioey10 profile image87
    SonQuioey10posted 5 years ago

Find a gun shop slash convenience or grocery store and live there after collecting surviving family members.

working