jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Pat Sajak Admitted being drunk on Wheel of Fortune.

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Pat Sajak hasn't always been the sober host seen nightly on "Wheel of Fortune."

Sajak, who has been hosting the game show since 1981, recently revealed that in the show's early days he was sometimes drunk on camera, after tossing back a few margaritas with sidekick Vanna White.

"When I first started and was much younger and could tolerate those things, we had a different show then. You didn't win money. You won fake money with which you could buy cheesy prizes," Sajak explained during an interview on " Dan Le Batard is Highly Questionable."

He explained that with the time it took producers to set up the prizes, he and White would have dinner breaks of more than two hours, giving them plenty of time to imbibe at Los Arcos, a Mexican restaurant near NBC's Burbank studio.
    http://news.yahoo.com/pat-sajak-hosted- … -news.html
    well I knew there was something off about him.He definitely acted strange on some of the shows I watched. Apparently Vanna joined him in a few rounds,Why would anyone get drunk before appearing on camera? That's a great gigroll

1. 69
      logic,commonsenseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Inquiring minds want to know what happened when he got Vanna tanked!
      Did he slip her any rufies? smile

2. mhope324 profile image59
    mhope324posted 4 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks Pat had a crush on Vanna? I always got that vibe he liked her...I wonder if he ever had the nerve to ask her out on a date? I think they would make a cute couple.

3. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 4 years ago

Those early shows were brutal. I still don't understand why people continued to watch. The winner would end up taking home a vacuum cleaner, a 20" color TV, and a ceramic Panda valued at $3,000 (but likely later sold at a yard sale for $.50). Even Jeopardy contestants were winning thousands of dollars in those days, while Wheel winners were getting the equivalent of a $200 gift certificate to K-Mart.