Heros vs Misfits

1. Captain Redbeard profile image61
    Captain Redbeardposted 4 years ago

Recently I came across a show on Hulu called Misfits. It apparently resembles the catasrophe of Tim Krings Heros from NBC a few years ago.

I have watched the first two seasons of Misfits and the first episode of the third. The best thing about this series is that it is consistent where Heros was not. It seemed like each season had a complete and separate storyline, they would pick up season two or three as if the previous season never even happened. Misfits on the other hand keeps the same history from every episode unless of course there is a time traveling happening in which it is then added into the continuity of the show and is not ignored. In fact the only flaw I have found in the show is the that the future Simon was able to touch the past Alisha with out being effected by her powers.

He explains that in the future it isn't like it is in her time and her power isn't a problem. I'm still waiting to see how exactly her would become immune to her powers to be able to go back in time and still touch her before she sells hers to the mysterious man behind the desk.

Heros was a great concept. What it lacked was the evolution with continuity that Misfits possesses. What Misfits lacks is the budget that Heros had.

Anyone out there have any opinions or ideas about these two series and how they relate to each other?

2. Hypersapien profile image37
    Hypersapienposted 4 years ago

I am completely unfamiliar with Misfits, although I loved Heroes, despite the uneven storylines (eg, Sylar is actually a Petrelli; wait, no, he isn't; etc.).  I will have to try to find Misfits, since it sounds like it might be interesting.

1. Captain Redbeard profile image61
      Captain Redbeardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree, the heroes continuim was too hard to follow, I told my wife that the show was BS, but the kind that kept me coming back every week lol

Misfits is pretty good, just lacks the budget that Heroes had. It's on Hulu.com