jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Best music era

1. sam209 profile image78
    sam209posted 4 years ago

What's your preferred generation of music? Although my years of adolescence is the early 90's, I must say my favorite era is the 60's!

2. Sarah Bolluyt profile image59
    Sarah Bolluytposted 4 years ago

In my opinion, there's no time like the present!  As a composer, I write music because what I want to hear has not been written yet.

3. TheAshleyDaily profile image61
    TheAshleyDailyposted 4 years ago

Granted, I'm a late 80's baby, I have to say anything from the 90's on down. The sound was fresh and not talking about issues that a lot of music within itself have created!

4. Captain Redbeard profile image59
    Captain Redbeardposted 4 years ago

That's hard to answer isn't it? Different styles in different eras were good and bad. I would have to say though that today's music is fantastic, from Mumford and Sons to Demon Hunter. Mudvayne to Alexi Murdoch, the sound that's out there now, if you turn off your radio that is, is amazing!

5. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

My favorite era of music is the 1960s, especially the soul music of Motown artists such as the Supremes, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, the Temptations, Junior Walker and the All Stars, and other artists.   I also love Sly and the Family Stone, the Fifth Dimension, Aretha Franklin, and Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66.  These were GREAT and TALENTED artists.   Great music with meaning.

6. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Gotta go with the 60s for simply exploding in all directions.
    I'm a huge British Invasion girl.
    Girl Groups.
    Sly Stone.
    Bad Company.
    Crosby,Stills, Nash & Young.
    The list goes on and on and on.

7. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

60s and early 70s.