jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Should People Stop Buying the National Enquirer?

1. Cassie Smith profile image75
    Cassie Smithposted 4 years ago

It's disgusting that they showed a picture of Whitney in her casket.  Where should one draw the line?  The one thing that corporations respect is the loss of money, should not buying a magazine be the only appropriate way to make National Enquirer realize that it was the wrong thing to have done.  It was the same when Princess Diana died, some magazine had a picture of Princess Diana's last moments and there was a lot of uproar.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, I don't buy it...

2. Shinkicker profile image90
      Shinkickerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Interesting point. Does this tasteless publication simply reflect societal mores or should we expect the media to show leadership in civility and not pander to baser motives?

People obviously buy this rag. Why they do it is the important question.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

...i don't buy it ...have never read it...hmmmm....wonder why....

1. vmartinezwilson profile image86
      vmartinezwilsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm right there with you.  Don't buy it.  Don't read it at the checkout stand.  Don't bother glancing at the silly covers.  98% of what they tell is lies, so why bother?

3. Diane Inside profile image87
    Diane Insideposted 4 years ago

I agree it is mostly lies.  How do you know that is a picture of her in the casket.  I mean some people can photoshop any picture to look like anything.

Have you seen some of the pictures of aliens, and pregnant men they show, they look real but of course they are not. 

I have never bought them, but to be frank, I think most people who do buy them know its all fake but still like the stories in them anyway.

So they would buy it no matter what.

1. Rose Ella Morton profile image60
      Rose Ella Mortonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I  will not buy another one of their magazine

4. SandyMcCollum profile image84
    SandyMcCollumposted 4 years ago

Why they buy it? I've heard it's because "inquiring minds want to know." LOL!! Sometimes I'll read one in the checkstand line and I get a good laugh out of the stories - or at least the headlines. I never believe any of them, tho, they're so sensationalized and exploiting. It can be entertaining to see how low they'll stoop for a scoop.