84th Academy Awards - Exceptional Entertainment

1. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

After watching the Academy Awards for over four decades I must say this year's presentation was truly exceptional. From the beautiful version of Wonderful World to the amazing Cirque du Soleil to a truly global awards program.

What are your thoughts?

And of course, what was your favorite dress? Mine was a tie - the liquid gold of Meryl Streep and the purple dress on Penelope Cruz.

1. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh I loved Penelope Cruz's dress! I have to say I have never seen such a wonderful presentation and this year was superb! I also loved Billy Crystal's jokes and Tom Hanks presentation.

Meryl Streep is a wonderful actress and her personality is so warm and kind. She carries herself well and stardom has not placed her nose in the air. I hope next year, can beat this year.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Agree with the purple dress, and loved Angie's architectural black. Loved Brad's long hair, Cirque du Soleil, the opening movie skit with Justin Bieber, Billy Crystal was a hoot, the montage of this year's lost (but I think Jackie Coogan should have been the last shot), loved the speech from the receiver for The Separation and the French guy who won Best Actor for The Artist. Did you think there was an unusual amount of non-US receivers/winners? Either there's a lot more competition in that regard or the Academy has now seen fit to be  prejudice against their own.