jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

The Insanity of "Reality" Television

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

While some reality television programs are quite interesting such as Russian Dolls which details the lives of seven women who live in Brighton Beach, a Russian community in Brooklyn, New York, many of these programs are quite laughable and puerile to say the least!   What are your most and/or least favorite reality television program?   Furthermore, do you love or hate reality television?

1. Shanna11 profile image90
      Shanna11posted 4 years ago in reply to this

For the most part I hate reality television, but I have a soft spot for America's Next Top Model, only because I would love to try out if I was tall enough. But I'm not, so I have to be content to just watch it.

gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Shanna11, the only reality show I love is Russian Dolls.  This show occurs in the famous Brighton Beach section of Brooklyn, New York.  This show is fantastic- it centers around six Russian women, a restaurant owner, a businessperson, two students, a radio hostess, and a model.   These women are immigrants who are and/or in the process of making better lives for themselves.  This is the only talk show I am interested in.   The other shows such as Beverly Hills Housewives I find totally funny and inane.  I am with you on regarding the inanity of reality television shows!

2. WD Curry 111 profile image59
      WD Curry 111posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I only have basic cable. I used to get a kick out of Ozzy Osbourne, but I could only take so much. The new ones get on my nerves. Is Swamp People a reality show? It reminds me of swamp people I know.

2. 60
    rajupb3244posted 4 years ago

My web is nice

3. Reality Bytes profile image92
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

Shark Tank!  This is actually my favorite show on television.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like Shark Tank, too. I like any of these shows that offer a chance for the unknown little person to make it big based on talent or initiative. Shows like Idol, XFactor, The Voice, Shark Tank, Biggest Loser, all have redeeming qualities. Real Housewives of anywhere, the Kardashians, are annoying garbage.

gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh please, the Kardashians are just taking up space!

2. Reality Bytes profile image92
        Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I enjoy the opportunity to learn something while watching tv.  The Apprentice is another show that I truly enjoy.  smile

working