jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

The Hunger Games Book VS mega-million movie

1. Dee42 profile image79
    Dee42posted 4 years ago via iphone

First off has anyone seen it and how was it?  A lot of my friends are reading the book( or trying to) before they watch the movie. What do you guys think?

1. clairewait profile image91
      clairewaitposted 4 years ago in reply to this

First, I liked the books.  Totally entertaining.  NOT enlightening.  NOT life-changing.  NOT books I'd teach (as a HS teacher) but certainly books I'd recommend the heck out of.  Easy reads, and worth it.

I saw the movie last weekend (first movie my husband and I have seen in a theater since we've been married).  We loved it.  It followed the book closely enough to satisfy readers, but made appropriate changes so that someone who hadn't read the books could still follow.  One thing to note is that the book is told in first-person POV, and present tense, by Katniss, who knows relatively little about what is going on outside her head and immediate sight.  The movie expanded this perspective appropriately.  Casting was great.  Choreography and cinematography were great.  Just wish Peeta had been taller and a little better looking.  smile

1. Dee42 profile image79
        Dee42posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It reminds me of Twilight, why I don't know why but it does. I did not care for the books, but uh, the movie....lord. The casting was pretty great also. ha

2. Hypersapien profile image36
    Hypersapienposted 4 years ago

The book was better (as is usually the case), but it really was a good movie.  I think it followed the storyline of the novel pretty closely, so there shouldn't have been anything there to anger hardcore fans.  (Some people are apparently upset about several casting choices in terms of race, but it's pretty clear those people didn't read the book closely enough.)

1. Dee42 profile image79
      Dee42posted 4 years ago in reply to this

well, I want to read the book now.ha