jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Do you enjoy watcching Indian movies and what is your favorite?

1. moiponetsoka profile image34
    moiponetsokaposted 4 years ago

I fell in live with Indian movies about 5 years ago because they have storylines that inspire and their writting is unique and although they are long they are also enjoyable.

1. 0
      Gusserposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Custers last stand was good. The Indians finally won. Also Major League was good, but the Indians never win the pennant.

2. anagham profile image60
      anaghamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I love watching Indian movies(especially bollywood movies). My favourite one is Kabhi khushi kabhi gham..; a family oriented movie... the star cast is a plus point for the movie..

2. silverstararrow profile image85
    silverstararrowposted 4 years ago

Well, being an Indian myself, I can relate to what you feel. Indian movies (not just Bollywood) comprise of a wide spectrum of commendable masterpieces that are worth watching. Over the years though, more commercialization of the film industry itself has driven away many indigenous plotlines, with writers and directors focusing more on glitz and glamour. This can be seen reflected in every sector of film making. The new trend is to ape Western culture or include fragments in the story that might appeal to an international audience. Of course, this may also be seen as Indian films widening their horizons and garnering recognition and a fan base abroad as well.

Having said all that, I do feel that the movies from my country carry an essence that touches raw lives. Amidst all the hype about new technology and latest marketing strategy one does stumble across a few gems. My favorite? There are a few actually. smile

1)Fanaa (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanaa_(film))
    2)My Name is Khan (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Name_Is_Khan)
    3)Chak De! India (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chak_De!_India)
    4)Veer Zaara (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veer-Zaara)

Malayalam (my mothertongue; Mollywood as it's now popularly known):

1)Kireedam (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kireedam_(1989_film))
    2)Devasuram (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devasuram)
    3)Manichitrathazhu (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manichitrathazhu)

I'm not well versed in HTML. Provided a few links; check them out using copy-paste if direct links don't work (sorry for being incompetent. sad).

3. moiponetsoka profile image34
    moiponetsokaposted 4 years ago

that is true i also love veer zaara it is so sad to be separated for so long and my name is khan made me fall in love with SRK thanks i will check them

1. perfectskincare profile image61
      perfectskincareposted 4 years ago in reply to this

that's awesome to hear smile being an idian myself, I probably don't appreciate bollywood that much because the mainstream cinema is more of glamour these days. but, yes, there are quite a few art movies which are realistic, relatable and with commendable performances. some of the mainstream cinema is also amazing!!! larger than life perspective if Indian cinema always lures people smile
      I did love veer zaara too...haha, SRK is a good actor, no doubt!!! he has lot of charm and screen presence.

2. Anurag2008 profile image90
      Anurag2008posted 4 years ago in reply to this

@moiponetsoka Do watch classic Satyajit Ray movies, especially the "Feluda" and Apu series (Pather Panchali).

4. angied83 profile image83
    angied83posted 4 years ago

I watched the movie 3 Idiots. I absolutely loved that movie! The lines were brilliant and it kinda stayed with me long after I watched it (I still remember it now!). The lead actor was cute as well. :-)

1. perfectskincare profile image61
      perfectskincareposted 4 years ago in reply to this

you should definitely check out the book its based on - five point someone by Chetan Bhagat. If you loved the movie, the book is even more hilarious and awesome and the story line is little different so you won't feel like doing a recap of the movie.

5. Loi-Renee profile image85
    Loi-Reneeposted 4 years ago

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. I absolutely love this movie. Its the only Indian movie that I will watch over and over again. I will have to check out some of the ones listed here.

6. backporchstories profile image84
    backporchstoriesposted 4 years ago

If you are refering to Native American movies, some of my favorites is Little Big Man and Dakota Woman.