jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Is Fox News hurting America?

1. profile image60
    Pearlstentposted 5 years ago

I could go either way but I watched that documentary OutFoxed and I am leaning towards a yes...

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some of the "reporters" or commentators do hurt America.  FOX lends an ear (and sometimes a platform) to too many liberal radicals in the name of being "fair and balanced".   If they're not careful, they'll be no better than CNN before it's over.  One such wolf in sheep's clothing is Megan....I forget her last name.   O'Reilly borders on defection too.   With Glenn Beck gone, FOX is hanging on by a shred.   Well, though, Hannity seems to be okay still.  And maybe a few others.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hurting America? No. It hurts it's owners whenever on live. I don't watch Fox because it's operated by morons.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile

3. copywriter31 profile image85
    copywriter31posted 5 years ago

How could one lone voice of journalistic integrity hurt a nation that is so badly wounded, its death notice is already written? The great Roman Empire, once infallible, was run by out of control morons just before its shining light was permanently extinguished and the similarities between today's America and Rome are eerily similar . . . hmmm, I wonder if Obama plays the fiddle?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If he doesn't, he's got a buncha followers who willingly play it for him.  And they laugh as they play.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image91
      Jeff Berndtposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How could one lone voice of journalistic integrity hurt a nation that is so badly wounded, its death notice is already written?
      It couldn't, but that doesn't stop conservatives from claiming that NPR is bad for the country.

4. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I think Fox News has had a divisive influence on those who listen to it religiously. Their intent certainly isn't fair and balanced.

5. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

No, I don't think Fox News hurts the country.
    They reflect and reinforce opinions that are held by a segment of the population.
    They are entitled to those opinions.
    Just don't confuse them with facts.
    smile

6. Bedbugabscond profile image90
    Bedbugabscondposted 5 years ago

I don't know if FOX news hurts the country. However, I do know that sometimes Fox news can be more terrifying to children than a horror flick.

7. Dakota OLeary profile image61
    Dakota OLearyposted 5 years ago

Jesus, if you don't like Hannity or O'Reilly, what the hell is your definition of a "conservative"?

1. Bedbugabscond profile image90
      Bedbugabscondposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I had to watch 5 episodes of O'reillys show and do an analysis paper for each one without taking a side. It was awful.

8. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 5 years ago

Fox is not a news source, and too many people look to it as one, which IS damaging.

Instead, Fox is a three ring circus of rampant idiocy and bigotry.  I'm sad for the deluded people who watch that "news" programming and believe what they are hearing.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image91
      Jeff Berndtposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What? How can you say that? It says "Fair and Balanced" right on the label! tongue

9. collegedad profile image86
    collegedadposted 5 years ago

We no longer have news broadcasts we have commentaries. It's really sad.

working