jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What are your favorite foreign films?

1. 61
    Mr. Phantasmposted 7 years ago

Since the DVD age started (thanks Netflix!), I've been able to see many foreign films that never would have come to my rinky-dink town.   I love foreign movies, especially the French New Wave movies of Jean-Luc Godard (Breathless, Band of Outsiders, etc.), the bizarre german , jazzy horror films of Jess Franco (Vampyros Lesbos, She Killed in Ecstacy) and Kurosawa's films.  And don't even get me started on Bergman and Truffaut!
        What are your favorite foreign films (new or old)?  Maybe you'll point me in the direction of something amazing!

1. Princessa profile image86
      Princessaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I love Spanish and French films, they are great.  Not so long ago I wrote a hub about my favourite Spanish films with English subtitles.  They are all black comedies, full of drama, tragedy and lots of laughs. 

There are many other films that I like specially French but they do not have subtitles sad

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 7 years ago

Amarcord (1973), directed by Federico Fellini.
    Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow (1963 Italian: Ieri, oggi, domani)  director Vittorio de Sica, stars Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastroianni

3. 0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago

Like Water for Chocolate. 

That movie cracks me up but it also makes me cry. 

Pans Labrynth.
    It's just cool.

1. TheMoneyGuy profile image75
      TheMoneyGuyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Like water for Chocolate is good with subtitle much better if you know spanish lot's of Idioms
      Y Tu Mama Tambien (Watch Before Motorcycle Diaries)
      Motorcycle Diaries
      Leon The Professional

4. RavynSteel profile image80
    RavynSteelposted 7 years ago

Gotta be Japanese/Korean horror for me all the way! Dark Water, Battle Royale, Ichi the Killer, Oldboy...can't beat em!